This is a first public beta for AOS4 and MorphOS and I'd be more than happy to receive any comments or bug reports here.
- searches your network automatically for Sonos speakers (that was a tricky one, doing an M-SEARCH multicast call, see viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3290 for more details)
- listing your speakers with the info of the currently playing song, with an icon that is downloaded from the speaker itself
- subscription of the speaker's UPNP events (that was probably the hardest one to crack, man-o-man), it means that the controller gets a notification if the Sonos system receives a command from some other controller (f.e. from your mobile or on some other computer) or directly from the speaker's buttons (see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3287 for more details on how I did it).
- sending control commands (sending SOAP requests senden, another tricky one, see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3224 for more details):
- Jump to time index
- Repeat (everything, current song)
- display of the current song's title, artist, and album on the selected speaker
- download and display of the album cover if possible (f.e. if embedded into the playing MP3 file)
- local cache for album covers for better performance
- local cache can be emptied in the Preferences dialog
- listing the selected speaker's current queue
- playing a song by clicking an entry in the queue
- listing the Sonos favourites incl. starting one
- listing the Sonos playlists incl. starting one (normal oder shuffled)
- listing TuneIn's saved radio stations incl. starting one
- listing TuneIn's saved radio shows incl. starting one
- browsing your music library incl. starting songs, albums, etc. (normal or shuffled)
- searching your music library by search string and search type (artist, album, composer, genre, song or imported playlist)
- the last x search strings are save, whereas x can be configured in the Preferences (0 - max. 50)
- saved search strings can be emptied in the Preferences dialog
- Exporting playlists in M3U format. These can be put into your music library's "playlists" folder to be re-imported into Sonos, thus enabling you to kind of backup and restore your playlists.
And here are the download links for the 1st beta of SonosController:
AmigaOS 4.1: https://mrupp.ch/betas/SonosController_OS4.lha
The following features I saved for a later version and do not need to be reported as missing:
- german translation (english only for now)
- grouping / ungrouping of speakers
- integration of music services such as Spotify, etc.
- modifying the current queue, adding songs (or whole playlists), remove songs, change song order
- save a queue as a new playlist
- modifying playlists (change, rename, delete, etc.)
- sleep timer functionality
- alarms functionality
- ringho notifications
Well then, happy testing, hope to be able to release a first version to OS4Depot / MorphZone / Aminet very soon...