EasyRapa

Show off your project created with Hollywood
ilbarbax

EasyRapa

Post by ilbarbax »

This is a project I'm working around for 6 months. The project is quite ambitious and huge. In few words it is a semi graphical interface where you can put your objects and fill the relative data to generate a RapaGiu form. This will generate the HWS and XML files automatically already structured according your selections. At the moment I handle only a limited subset of classes (the most commonly used).

My roots are Amiga, but I worked on this project under Windows. Now not being an Amiga specific program I don't want to release it on the usual Amiga sites. The question is why don't have an official Hollywood depot for the application we develop with Hollywood?

PS if someone want to have a try email me (sb5@libero.it)
plouf

Re: EasyRapa

Post by plouf »

isnt showcase (here) good enough ?

additional as logn as it has amiga version (no matter it may have win version too inside) aminet/hwood is a good place
Christos
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

You can host the source code on GitHub if you're on Windows and use GitHub's version controls. On Windows there's even a dedicated GitHub app in case you're not familiar with Git.

If interested, I can test it for you on several flavors of Linux, MorphOS and AmigaOS 4.1 .
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Screenshots please :)
ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

Sorry I'm not able to attach pictures. I never did. I can email them
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

What license is this going to be distributed under? Will it be open-source? There was a GUI builder for Hollywood called Evolution but it was closed source and the development stalled.
ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

@samuraiCrow,

for sure frewhere. Concerning opening the source I'm not against, mainly I'm shy of my code that for sure is not the best style coding example. Some time I hardly understand what I did! Actually there are some different attempt to sort out the problems that are working but needs to be rewritten in a better way. I wanted to open it once it is a bit more polished.
However I can share the code privately.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

@ilbarbax

EMail sent!
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Replies received!
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

This seems very cool!!
About a Hollywood repo. There is space in aminet in http://aminet.net/dev/hwood for Hollywood stuff. I think is a good and universal place! ;)