EasyRapa

Show off your project created with Hollywood
SamuraiCrow

Re: EasyRapa

Post by SamuraiCrow »

@tolkien

The program has one serious bug in the way it generates its grid layout that has prevented me from testing it in Linux. It doesn't manifest itself in MorphOS so I assume the Windows version also doesn't manifest the bug so visually either.

After having looked at the source code, it appears to have been written in a top-down structured style which means that all the gadget types' codes are scattered throughout the code. I tried starting a more modular replacement but it is something that I don't wish to have to finish on my own. The author of EasyRapa doesn't have much time to work on it any more. I'm open to posting the source to my RapaEdit sources on GitHub for collaboration since mine is more nearly object-oriented and modular (though not as far along as EasyRapa).
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.

tolkien

Post by tolkien »

What a shame!
I would like to collab with your version but Im not a good coder...not even with Hollywood! :( But I hope your code can grow with the help of someone.

ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

Ok I uploaded version 1.0 to Aminet. Hope to have solved all the problems. Tested on Windows, OS4 and MorphOS and works fine for me. The two test cases are working, however were generated under windows on my installation, then the icons path will be wrong (you will receive a worning message on loading). Remember also to update, in Prefs, the path of your Hollywood installation to be able to test your scripts directly from the program.

User needs to enter a bit on the program way to work.

Let me know your comments and suggests.

tolkien

Post by tolkien »

I'll give a try under MorphOS.
Thanks so much!