The Beckoning

Show off your project created with Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Re: The Beckoning

Post by Juan Carlos »

ocean77 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:40 pm
Juan Carlos wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm Thank you for your offer, the question is the style of game because the big problems today un Amiga is the graphics an adventure there are make background, sprites, etc, a puzzle game too but less. What do you think make?
Also g0blin cans give you ideas for your game.
Apologies... I may have worded myself poorly. If your are offering your expertise then I should be the one thanking you. I'll let you know if I need anything specific.
Only if I can help you in your project with ideas, because I make some adventures...X and I know the problems and challenges make a game or in my case bizarre games. :lol: :lol:
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Sorry for the absence guys. There have been some real life issues to deal with which have halted development significantly. I have thrown together a second teaser to keep some creative momentum going in the meantime. Hope you like it. Thanks for sticking around.

Wish you all the very best.

https://youtu.be/WQZwZDnfDnQ
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Again, very impressive!

I hope you can handle the life issues. :-/ Wish you all the best!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Looks very good again, would be easy to imagine this would be some commercial game coming from some Japanese studio, they are very good at making things the minimal way, for example if you look at Phoenix Wright: Ace Detective series, there isn't much anything technically fancy there, basically they just keep showing image after image, sometimes moving still image around etc. and it all looks good.
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys. It means a lot.
Here's a somewhat sad, yet hopeful update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7arDOeRF5Qw

I was cocky and then the world came crashing down. But work continues albeit slowly.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Wow, this looks so stunning! And all the visual are made by you, no stock graphics/3D models were used?

And yes, I dig the main tune! Relaxing but also a bit (in a positive, atmospharic way) depressing. Great work! You definitely deserve a greater audience.

I hope you feel better soon!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Clyde wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:49 pm Wow, this looks so stunning! And all the visual are made by you, no stock graphics/3D models were used?

And yes, I dig the main tune! Relaxing but also a bit (in a positive, atmospharic way) depressing. Great work! You definitely deserve a greater audience.

I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks again.
All the geometry is done by me, it's very low poly, but that's all I need. Most of the textures are from a Blender Plug-in called Extreme PBR. If there's something very specific I need, I will make it myself. I'm not very good at modelling characters, though. That's why I thought roto-scoping video footage would be a good option. However, now, with my Rheumatoid Arthritis, that's going to prove challenging in the long run. So, maybe 3d models might be my best shot going forward.

I'm very glad you liked the music.