T`s Imbiss

Show off your project created with Hollywood
LarsB

T`s Imbiss

Post by LarsB »

Hello Folx,

my first release on Aminet has happened. Its a small game simulating an Imbiss at the beach. The game walked a long road.

Its roots comes from a C-64 game writrten by Oliver Schwald in 1984. Then it was brought to LaserTech V200, Schneider CPC and the PC by Thomas Bauer in the years to 1991. From there it went to Achim Kern (KeHo Software) who wrote a assembler version on the Amiga and in 2012 its was ported to Hollywood. In 2019 the MacOSX version was compiled with Hollywood 8. There I did come in. Getting the sources from Achom I added new GFX, Sounds and I changed the control elements from keyboard to mouse/button. In November I did the Android port. And now at 21.12.2019 I put it on Aminet for Amiga OS4. The game is only german at the moment. So it does only covers two weeks of action it is pretty crisp.

Your are welcome. Have fun.
www.aminet.net/game/strat/TsImbiss.zip
lazi

Re: T`s Imbiss

Post by lazi »

Congratulation for your Aminet first!

May I suggest to include the plugins?
I think it is too much need from the user to visit hollywood.mal download area, select oggvorbis Amiga, extract it, copy to somewhere....

If you would like to make or help translations, you may check http://aminet.net/dev/hwood/TransLocale.lha
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Thank you very much.

inserting the plugins has been a matter of discussion indeed. @jpv is a fan of that and he has good arguments. But cgutjahr for example doesnt like the idea at all. There are some ways to go. Linking the plugins like I do. Putting the plugin into LIBS: or putting it directly into the games folder. Any method has its advantages or disadvantages. If you put the plugin into LIBS: they will always been loaded when a Hollywood APP starts. That costs time and resources. When you put it into the games folder you got to download the plugin and put it there. This is too much for someone who wants just to look and it creates the impression of having something missing/incomplete that youll got to fix. This could rub off to other games I create. Like "Oh, this guys again. With the game you got to fix before playing it." On the other hand I do crossplatform development. Win64 is the maintarget. Android the next choice. And then AOS4 comes in. It works pretty well with the Hollywood Apps. But AOS3 has not much future for my games. Especially the native platforms without CGX/P96. ;) I will look into the catalogue thing but I need a solution for crossplatform development. So I dont insert any Amiga specific methods. The game has a internal message handler which easily can be bored out to other languages. Which I plan to do. (English Version)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

lazi wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:29 pm Congratulation for your Aminet first!

May I suggest to include the plugins?
I think it is too much need from the user to visit hollywood.mal download area, select oggvorbis Amiga, extract it, copy to somewhere....

If you would like to make or help translations, you may check http://aminet.net/dev/hwood/TransLocale.lha
I think that now all Amiga Usera already have installed the Hollywood plugins.
lazi

Post by lazi »

Ok. I mean "include" to the released archive. Not to the executable.

Other thing is that the Hollywood catalog design IS crossplatform.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Ahh,.. sorry I misunderstood you. Had a lot of stress atm. If it is crossplatform then its certainly worth a look. Thanx.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Anyway,.. with help of Achim Kern(KeHo Software) T`s Imbiss is now repacked and the AOS 4.1 Version is now online at KeHo Software site. Which is btw. a great site anyway and Achim Kern will be more active with Amiga and Hollywood in near future again ;)

Also the plugin is now included like it was suggested. So..enjoy ;)

https://www.keho-software.com/imbiss_hollywood.html

https://www.keho-software.com/