RNOPDF

Show off your project created with Hollywood
p-OS

Re: RNOPDF

Post by p-OS »

Whenever I try to switch to Fullscreen mode (via menu or via Hotkey), program quits with error message:
"This functionality is not supported in full screen mode!
File: RNOPFD.hw (current line; 231 - in Function isMenuItemSelected)"

Tried in a WIN10 System.
jPV

Post by jPV »

Hmm yea... it seems that Windows and Mac can't do menus in fullscreen mode. A bit shame because RNOPDF relies on menu usage...

I made a small fix for that and re-uploaded Win/Mac archives. Didn't bother to re-implement everything in other ways, so fullscreen mode only has very basic controls now, you have to switch to windowed mode for more advanced options.
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

It works now :)
Thanks for fixing this immediatly !
jPV

Post by jPV »

A cut down version of RNOPDF has been released for ECS and AGA Amigas too.
lazi

Post by lazi »

What is the system requirements of RNOPDF ECS?
Nice to see it, but Is it realistic a machine that can run it has no RTG?
plouf

Post by plouf »

well done

and intresting (dont know how difficult is) would be the posiibility for Search function to have next and previous arrows

right know i have to push ctrl+s + enter for next
it would be more convient if search windwo remains open and go to nect - next - previous etc

ideally a list of of pages found text with a click to go to that page, but i guess this is too much work ;)
Christos
jPV

Post by jPV »

lazi wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:33 pm What is the system requirements of RNOPDF ECS?
Nice to see it, but Is it realistic a machine that can run it has no RTG?
The requirements are OS 3.0, 020, and enough memory (8MB is probably the minimum worth try to start the program and then it depends of PDF how much more).

I've tested it under 030@50/32MB/AGA myself and it can display PDFs okayish. Of course some waiting while decoding and rendering. I don't have ECS machine with enough memory, but at least it worked with some ECS setup under UAE.

Couple betatesters were very happy with it on 030 setups and said it's much better than any other solutions there are, and RNOPDF did open lots of files fine, and newer standard PDFs work too.
jPV

Post by jPV »

plouf wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 pm well done

and intresting (dont know how difficult is) would be the posiibility for Search function to have next and previous arrows

right know i have to push ctrl+s + enter for next
it would be more convient if search windwo remains open and go to nect - next - previous etc

ideally a list of of pages found text with a click to go to that page, but i guess this is too much work ;)
As I don't use any GUI toolkit there, it's a bit difficult with separate buttons etc. But maybe I could add a separate "search next" option, or maybe that list kind of solution could be doable too. Or open a new window after the initial search with options to search next or cancel...
plouf

Post by plouf »

unter windows at least you can "cheat" using this EXTRA option after first search

Code: Select all

Result = SystemRequest(	"Consecutive Search","Search next consecutive press enter\n"..
	  					"Search previous consecutive press escape \n"..
						"String to search is \n"..
						SearchString$,"Yes|No|Cancel")
offcourse in case of "enter" (or yes shortcut in your languange) or "escape (cancel)
next searh result must be highlighted AND requester pop again
Christos
jPV

Post by jPV »

Didn't remember to think about that search functionality, but pushed out a small update that's been pending for ages.

Version 1.4:
- Exported images can be sharpened
- Improved exporting to custom sizes
- Added the WINSIZE tooltype/argument
- Localization support
- Fixed pathless file arguments
- Other small fixes