Ducks of Apocalypse - one of the Winners of Speedgame 2015

Show off your project created with Hollywood
Bugala

Ducks of Apocalypse - one of the Winners of Speedgame 2015

Post by Bugala »

Announcing this first to fellow Hollywood users.

I again participated this year to christiandevs.com annual Speedgame competition with a Hollywood made game called "Ducks of Apocalypse" and this year the game became one of the winners.

Judging was simply listing top 3 games without giving specific order. Hence, it is simply one of the top 3 games this year.

I have just uploaded this game to (made with hollywood) Indiego Appstore: http://aros-broadway.de/indiego/styled-25/index.html (Find under Games/Puzzle for AOS3, AOS4, Aros, MorphOS, Windows, Linux i386, MacOS and Android)

This version is "one more hour" edition, into which i have spent about one hour more of time to fix some things i didnt have time to fix for the competition version. As example, such a critical thing was still missing from competition version as Collision check on last level, making it impossible to die there. Now there is.

Game itself is basically Point'n'click adventure from eye point of view in style of simple Phoenix Wright game.

There is AOS3 version available too, but my guess is it takes 32 Mb of RAM and 060 to actually run it (MP3s). Plus monitor of course, since its Hollywood. Besides, the game is in HD resolution anyway.

I was thinking, and actually even tried to make a lighter running version today, but after half an hour, it seemed it would take too much time to make it, unless people want it.

I could change every sample to WAV (have already done that, only need to alter them code level too and change samples into musics to save RAM), and the size will be maybe 150 Mbs after that. But if you are wanting to play this game with a classic machine, with my guess being 030/040 maybe the minimum then, then put a message here, or elsewhere, and i consider it.

as this was game done in time limit, as it then often is, at end you have to decide what are most essential to the game and leave the rest out to be able to get something decent done. All the way up to last day I was hoping to be able to get third trial case in the game. I had already amde the plan of it, and was just missing some hours of time to implement it and to get graphics for it too. That however, didnt happen, hence you can notice during the game that it is first of all referring to this third case at one point, as well as giving instructions on how to move forward based upon there being three cases.

To move forward you would need to "1. Find truth in one case, and get reasonable doubt on other two" or "2. Find truth in two cases". This however was changed in the end (by changing just one number lower) so that either you "1. Find truth in one case" or "2. get to reasonable doubt in both cases".

What reasonable doubt means is that you are able to find two clues, since each case consists of three clues in total (not mentioned in game).

At this point, this game will only be available from Indiego Appstore, but I will make it available to Aminet at some point too when I first decide wether I want to keep this game as it is, or if I want to make the game more complete and add that third case there as well.

I also might at some point make some show off video about the game. Right now you have to just satisfy for the text description and to possibility to download it yourself.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Ducks of Apocalypse - one of the Winners of Speedgame 20

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Screenshots please :)
Bugala

Re: Ducks of Apocalypse - one of the Winners of Speedgame 20

Post by Bugala »

One picture tells a thousand words, and a second of a video tells at least 24 thousand words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQ4XK1wWQE