ANSI Lib

Show off your project created with Hollywood
Allanon

ANSI Lib

Post by Allanon »

Ansi library is an include file for Hollywood that will help you to manage ANSI escape codes so you can print colored text in the console of your host system.

I've developed this library to have an invaluable help while I'm debugging application because this way I'm able to spot on the fly error and warning messages that are hilighted from the rest of the messages.

Of course you need that your host system console is able to understand ANSI ascape codes, but almost any OS is able to do that except Windows, for which you need to install thirdy party application to accomplish the task.

I'm using ansicon program to make use of ANSI codes in my Windows development machine.

Ansi Library is shareware but you can download and use it without limitations from A-MC web site, you can purchase the library on A-MC website or on the IndieGO! AppStore. It costs only 2.00€.

Please have a look at the online documentation to check if this library suits your needs.

Here is a screen shot of the test function included in the library to check the host terminal capabilities
airsoftsoftwair

Re: ANSI Lib

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

A really useful library and thumbs up for writing a manual as well. Nothing more important the proper documentation :)
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Thank you Andreas!
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Hello,
Latest version is available on GitHub -> https://github.com/Allanon71/Hollywood-MAL-Libraries
I've also completed the wiki with proper documentation.

Some screenshots:

Menu system for quick development of console applications

Simple progress bar

Wordwrap

Grid view

Message box

Happy coding! :)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Nice, I definitely like that DOS feeling. I'll see if I can add a console IO library so that you can improve this even further.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Thank you very much Andreas!
Yes, I could add many basic stuff like requesters for example :)
This is very useful on Linux servers with just the console.