creating a new text object is not possible

Report any Designer bugs here
AUserLG

creating a new text object is not possible

Post by AUserLG »

Hi,

after the update to Hollywood Designer 4 it's not possible to create a new text object.
By clicking on the OK button nothing happens and the properties window of the text object cannot be closed.

Editing an existing text object works fine.

Is it a bug in the Designer?

Winuae 2.4.1
AmigaOS 3.9.2
Hollywood 5.0 & Hollywood Designer 4.0
latest versions of the required MUI Classes
Bugala

Re: creating a new text object is not possible

Post by Bugala »

I have very close to similar stuff as you.

WinUAE proapbly newest, i just freshinstalled amikit to my machine end of june i think and used AmigaForever 2012 as the soruce of AmigaOS (newest of installation choices).

I also have HW5.0 and Des4.0

I didnt pay any attention to it, but i think the first time i used designer i had some difficulty getting text to show after pressin ok, but i didnt remember that anymore until now that you mentioned since i anyway got it to work right the next try.

I cant remember anymore what i did, but when i just moment ago tested choosing new project, choosing blank black screen and wrote some text, it worked fine.

But i had Yellowjacket font and yellow color already picked since i had used it on previous project.

Can you tell me exactly what you are doing in designer, and i can try repeat that process to see if same problem happens with me too.

Put it in:

1. Start designer.
2. make new project
3. click on new textobject button... (or chose from menu if you did - not sure if there is menu option like that even, but just mentioning explanations sake)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I cannot reproduce this here so it is likely to only happen in a very certain situation. So please be very careful and remember what you have just done when it occurs the next time and then tell me the exact steps necessary to reproduce it.
AUserLG

Post by AUserLG »

Hi,

thanks for your answers.

I've reinstalled the Hollywood Designer in the "AmigaOS3" and not in the "AmigaOS3 (FPU)" version and now it works :)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Yes, WinUAE's FPU emulation is not very precise and can cause such problems. So better use the OS3 version.