Two bugs (text antialising, and mouseout)

Report any Designer bugs here
Bugala

Two bugs (text antialising, and mouseout)

Post by Bugala »

Both these problems are present in this designer3.0 program: (Hollywood5.0 in use)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3375468/Xplosio ... _Win32.exe

Problem 1: Mouseout needs reworking.

I have done it so that there are two rectangles on top of each other. Other one is darker, and other one is lighter.

When mouse goes over darker rectangle, it will hide itself and bring lighter version out.

When mouse goes out (Mouseout) of lighter rectangle then it will make lighter rectangle disappear and bring darker one back.

This makes it look like the button is highlighted.

However, problem is that if you keep moving mouse over the buttons fast over and over again, you will notice that many times (mouseout) wont react but will leave the bright rectangle still on. In worse case you can get even all three rectangles look like they are all highlighted.

If you check this older program that have been made with Designer2.1 and Hollywood4.0, it dont seem to have this problem even its done the same way:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3375468/Wanderi ... be-win.exe

Another strange behavior is with Fonts antialising.

I am using this maybe it aws comicsans font or something like, anyway, this same happens with many other fonts too.

Thing is, when i choose antialising from font leaflet inside text editing place, it turns the antialising on with no problem at all inside the Designer.

However, when i make executable out of it and try to start that executable, it starts complaining that the font doesnt support Antialising?

Therefore, are you using two different engines for displaying stuf on designer and on executables, and if so, then is it possible to have that same engine used in Designer to be used in future Hollywoods too unless there is some drawback?

For obviously antialising can be used on that font since it uses it on Designer and you can easily see that with your eyes happening, it just fails it on executable version if antialising is turned on.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Two bugs (text antialising, and mouseout)

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

First problem: Can you provide a *very small* Designer project that shows the problem?

Second problem: Make sure you are using the platform independent font engine and link all fonts into the executable.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Sorry, i thought it was enough to send the exe.

Heres the Designer file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3375468/Xplosion2012autoexe.hwd

There is only one page and 3 of those buttons, from which only 1 actually does anything.

In case you think the font has some relevance, I can send you that too.
airsoftsoftwair

I can confirm this bug and will fix it. As a workaround, try to reset ALL other button highlight states whenever one button is highlighted.
airsoftsoftwair

I have to correct myself: It's not a bug, but a feature :-) The problem with your project is that you are using different buttons for the "OnMouseOver" and "OnMouseOut" states. This will confuse Hollywood. They need to be put into a single button: Just put BOTH events in the same button and make sure that "Hide button with object" is not set for that button. Then the non-highlighted button will still be active even though you hide it and it will still listen to events. Then everything should work just fine!