Timeline not working under MorphOS

Report any Designer bugs here
emeck

Timeline not working under MorphOS

Post by emeck »

Timeline doesn't seem to work under MorphOS. Here is what I do.

1. Start a new project.
2. Add a new blank page named "Page 1".
3. In Page --> Delay... check "Start timeline on this page", then click "Ok".
4. In Project --> Timeline... the timeline overview is empty.
5. Add a second blank page named "Page 2".
6. In Page --> Delay... check "Sync with timeline", write 5000 milliseconds, then click "Ok"
7. In Project --> Timeline... the timeline overview now shows 0ms for "Page 2".
8. If I repaet steps 5 and 6 for "Page 3" with 10000 milliseconds, them timeline overview shows 0ms for "Page 2" and also for "Page 3". And "Page 3" is at the top of the list.
9. Running the presentations goes from start to end without any pause.

Also, after all these steps, pages 2 and 3 have the clock icon in the Page manager, but the first page doesn´t have it.

I'm running Hollywood 6.0 and Designer 4.0 under MorphOS 3.9.

Regards,
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Timeline not working under MorphOS

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Yes, I can confirm this bug. It's fixed now. Thanks for the report! The problem is that whenever you close the page delay dialog, Designer will falsely set the "Start timeline on this page" option for the page. You could manually fix this by opening the *.hwd file in a text editor and simply changing

Code: Select all

Reset timeline=True
to

Code: Select all

Reset timeline=False
for all pages but the very first page. But you have to do this again whenever you edit delay settings for a page! It's not quite hassle-free, but it would be a workaround.

Additionally, I've seen that there's a mistake in the manual: Timelines require all pages to call the "Wait event" action event at the end of all timeline pages. Thus, you also need to add an action object to all of your pages that executes the "Wait event" action event. Then it should work!
emeck

Re: Timeline not working under MorphOS

Post by emeck »

Thank you for looking into it. I got it working with your workaround.

Although adding the action object with the "Wait event" in the last page synced with the timeline doesn't allow the project to end or loop, or continue through more pages not synced with the timline. Deleting it seems to make my project run properly.

Regards
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE