Report any Hollywood bugs here
Juan Carlos

DISPMODE_FULLSCREEN

Post by Juan Carlos »

I used this instruction in two ways, the last with the next routine:
If msg.key="COMMAND+Return"
ModeSwitch(1, #DISPMODE_FULLSCREEN)
EndIf

Well if my program AHIW has the window with these size width=680 and height=450 when I use this option of Full screen the true screen size is the same that my program, I used this instruction under windows and with the ALT+TAB to change to other program the Desktop has the same size than my program, I test other sizes for example with videos in VAMP and there is the same problem, the Full screen mode isn't true because it hasn't the Desktop size if you has a resolution of 1280x768 the Hollywood player uses the full screen with the size of program or videos.
Bugala

Re: DISPMODE_FULLSCREEN

Post by Bugala »

If i understood your question right, the thing is that you open your program for 680 x 450.

And then when you change to fullscreen for example in HD mode, you wish your program to change into 1980 x 1080, but instead of doing that, it just stretches your screen into fullscreen, but still has only 680x450 resolution, right?

I dont know how exactly to fix your problem, but i guess you need to add some extra command there to make it also change the resolution, and not just stretch it.

This might not be much help, but this is how i usually start my programs:

Code: Select all

@SCREEN {Mode = "FakeFullScreen"}
@DISPLAY {Width = 1920, Height = 1080, Borderless = True, ScaleMode = #SCALEMODE_AUTO, FitScale=True}
Juan Carlos

Re: DISPMODE_FULLSCREEN

Post by Juan Carlos »

Yes Bugala, I'm reporting as possible fixing in the next Hollywood, because it is a problem if you make a game, tool, etc., and you want use your desktop size, because in case of Windows it is crashed and some monitors could have problems with this change between sizes, for example to me, with my Philips, I had problems with monitor crashes, I have to turn off, include DVI and VGA inputs because it has two inputs VGA and DVI.