IsOnline()

Report any Hollywood bugs here
djrikki

IsOnline()

Post by djrikki »

Hello Andreas, hope you are well?

Please can use test whether or not IsOnline() is behaviouring 100% as expected under Update 5. Jack (when running from WBStartup) 'appears' to be telling the interpreter that a connection is available too early and attempting to grab the weather forecast and failing on startup. Manually refreshing the weather seconds later and it works.

Also, any news on the next update? Sometime ago you posted that a RSS XML related bug was fixed, I need the update to be able to compile JackCharts correctly for all OSes; at present I use Curl as a fallback which is no good in an environment like forestance MacOS X.
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com
airsoftsoftwair

Re: IsOnline()

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

This looks like an OS4 issue. IsOnline() requires the TCP/IP stack to be fully setup in order to function correctly. If the OS is still in the midst of setting up the TCP/IP stack, then unexpected problems can occur. There's nothing I can do about this. It's OS4's responsibility to make sure the TCP/IP stack has been setup correctly before programs in WBStartup are launched. If this task is delegated into the background, problems can occur.