reqtools.library version on 68k

Report any Hollywood bugs here
jPV

reqtools.library version on 68k

Post by jPV »

It seems that StringRequest() doesn't open a requester at all on 68k setups that have an older/original reqtools.library installed. I've tried this with V38.x (from 1997) which seems to be commonly installed version among users and distributions. Amiga Forever comes with that version, for instance, and I got some reports from users too. Maybe this version comes with AmigaOS 3.x?

StringRequest() probably only works on OS3 with the AROS backport of the library (http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/ReqToolsLib), which is versioned as V39.x.

Is there a reason why V39 is required or could it be made to work with the V38 too? If certain version really is required, could Hollywood inform users about the incompatible library if the function is used? Or mention this in the Hollywood documentation at least.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: reqtools.library version on 68k

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Code: Select all

- Fix [Amiga]: Hollywood is now also compatible with reqtools.library v38; previously, functions like
  StringRequest() required reqtools.library v39 to be installed
I can't find reqtools.library v38 anywhere, though, so could you send me your copy so that I can try it here? Normally they should be ABI compatible but who knows...
jPV

Post by jPV »

Here you are.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Thanks, I can confirm this works fine.
dewindatws

Post by dewindatws »

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that this same bug persists also on the “ColorRequest” function.

I fixed it the same way by installing the back port.