Juan Carlos wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:58 am
The problem is very easy to explain but more difficult to repeat with code, making one little program, the same code with Windows open different folders/drawers but with MorphOS not, always open the same folder, this folders are saved in one file with its path and open when you click in the option, while in Windows works fine in MorphOS not, now to avoid this issue each option saves its path in independent file, how I can repeat this issue with a little example, I don't know.
Also for example I could see that in some programs with SetWBIcon when you iconifyed the program shows its icon and other times not, how you can repeat this issue in little example.
These are issues, difficult to repeat but easy to explain, for example I put in my site the program Witch Cleaner for Windows and MorphOS with the files and code for Andrea could see the issue but his answer was MCVM, I can't do more, also other problem cans be the outdate of Hollywood with the last gcc of MorphOS and the last MorphOS version, because the MorphOS cores evolving, but it is impossible with the Hollywood core update with each new MorphOS.
SO just to clarify things and gather information !
1) you have some "prefs" file, i have to guess that you have NOT used LoadPrefs /SavePrefs but something of your own
2) you have a program that read this prefs file, and open something based on this information
3) the "prefs" file has a lot of strings , each string correspond to fullpath of an application
4) you do something (execute app ?) but you have some problem ,,, sometimes... sometimes not but all times problem is Under MorphOS NOT Windows
5) you dont have a problem if each "string" is saved in separate "prefs"
6) at any case your are unable to reproduce this, by just coding a simple program that saves 2-5-10 "strings" and read them back (have you try?)
Firstly i have to agree that this description, most probably
, looks like a problem in your script and not hollywood itself
however i have to Ask if the following test are preformed
1) did a simple program even has been tried,b your side, in order to check reaction ?
2) have you try to "debug" your big program by using, for example, SystemRequest()
BEFORE and AFTER each "string" has been saved and also BEFORE and AFTER each "string" has been read en back from your prefs ?
3) have you consider the core diffirence that Hollywood is pure UTF (nowdays) windwos are alsu Pure UTF, but amiga OSes not 100% UTF ready ?
4) have you consider escape strings ? \\ etc , also take in consideration that windows have OPPOSITE slashes for directories than amiga os'es
5) most important do you have the will to spend some time debug/search issue ? even if deep inside you feel that everything is OK from side ?
even though i am NOT the best here, i also have Morphos and Winuae(68k) and Windows, and you give you a shot testing together a few option and/or triyng to reproduce problem