ChangeDirectory on MorphOS

Report any Hollywood bugs here
Juan Carlos

ChangeDirectory on MorphOS

Post by Juan Carlos »

I have one problem with this instruction with MorphOS, I have a little program called Witch Cleaner, I save the path with the OWB, recycled trashcan and now with Wayfarer path, to clean the cookies, well, the problem when I change the clean path from OWB to Wayfarer or viceversa even inside of same partition, the path is the last clean path chosed for example if I use OWB path and now I use Wayfarer path the path used is the OWB instead of Wayfarer BUT I make the program with WIndows IDE and in the test if works fine even when I have the path in other partition, the Windows program use the correct paths and the ChangeDirectory change to path of every option perfect.
I don't know if in the other Amiga system have this same problem.
Andreas, I can send you the code and Windows and MorphOS programs if you can see directly.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: ChangeDirectory on MorphOS

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sorry, don't know what this problem is about. Please provide a MCVE.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Hello, here is your MCVE:
https://www.morguesoft.eu/Miscelaneus/WitchCleaner.zip
I hope that it help you to try know why some instructions works 100% with Windows and in other systems 50%.
Thank you for your time, inside the zip file I wrote one readme to explain what I send you.
airsoftsoftwair

Umm, this is 50kb of source code with about 1500 lines. Please check what an MCVE is and try again :)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

But, are you test both programs?
I think, perhaps, the problem will be with the preferences file, the file saved with MorphOS may be corrupt and when the program load the paths, only read one path instead of three.
Because if the problem is the code, why un Windows work fine, and MorphOS not, send you a new code, I work in a new program to try repeat this issue.
This issue isn't new, because this program has this problem but before only It uses two path now three and in other programs mine also I saw this issue bit with Witch Cleaner is more visible.
airsoftsoftwair

Juan Carlos wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:30 pm But, are you test both programs?
No, because they are too big. Even if I see the problem, it's still too much work to read through hundreds of lines of unknown code. The issue could also be a bug in the script after all. The only way to solve this is to make the demo code as small as possible. Then I can easily tell if this is a bug, feature or error in the script.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

I found a solution for this issue, now iConecta in Amiga sabes four files with the preferences, and the three paths, because all these dates in an only file lost the content of the variables even when they are read each time that you use a options, in Windows use the content of these variables perfectly, reading and writing without lost their content.
airsoftsoftwair

Juan Carlos wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 am I found a solution for this issue, now iConecta in Amiga sabes four files with the preferences, and the three paths, because all these dates in an only file lost the content of the variables even when they are read each time that you use a options, in Windows use the content of these variables perfectly, reading and writing without lost their content.
Provide a MCVE and you shall receive a fix :)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

It is impossible because I shall make a special program to show this issue, and you will tell me MCVM, because it will have many code lines.
airsoftsoftwair

Juan Carlos wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:42 pm It is impossible because I shall make a special program to show this issue, and you will tell me MCVM, because it will have many code lines.
From your description it really doesn't sound like something that needs lots of lines...