Some problems

Report any Hollywood bugs here
scriptjester

Some problems

Post by scriptjester »

I bought Hollywood 4.0 last year.
Amiga OS4.1 was beta on SAM, so I didn't practice a lot Hollywood.

Now, with OS4.1U1, Hollywood is more fluent.

But, I've got a problem :
- when I create an executable, the e flag is not set by default; How and where can I change that (ISO was burnt with AmiDVD)

There are some examples with problems :
- When use in Fullscreen and watching anims one by one, AnimPlayer says "Unable to change display size to 736x497!File:AnimPlayer.hws (current line: 91 - in function: ChangeDisplaySize)" with big CD32Anim.
- Puzzle example didn't work
- Text example (resizing the window erase the inside text)

SAM Flex 800 / 1Go / XJFS - Hollywood 4.0
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Some problems

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

But, I've got a problem :
- when I create an executable, the e flag is not set by default; How and where can I change that (ISO was burnt with AmiDVD)
Hmm, it should be set by default. Otherwise try:

Code: Select all

Protect <executable> RWED
There are some examples with problems :
- When use in Fullscreen and watching anims one by one, AnimPlayer says "Unable to change display size to 736x497!File:AnimPlayer.hws (current line: 91 - in function: ChangeDisplaySize)" with big CD32Anim.
That's normal, the anim player script currently doesn't take care of changing the screen resolutions when running full screen. It initially opens on an 640x480 screen and will not change that resolution. So trying to play a larger anim will give you this error. This is not a Hollywood bug but simply a limitation of the AnimPlayer script.
- Puzzle example didn't work
- Text example (resizing the window erase the inside text)
These are 4.0 issues and they have been fixed in Hollywood 4.5.
scriptjester

Re: Some problems

Post by scriptjester »

I understood the problem of the 'e' flag :

when you drag a drawer (with the 'e' flag) between 2 partitions on the workbench, if the destination is JXFS the e flag disapear !

So I think that when designer create the drawer and then create the executable inside, the e flag is not set.

It seems to be a JXFS problem.

(for bug correction, i think that a free update like hollywood 4.0.1 would be nice,
of course a major update like hollywood 4.5 is for money)