StringRequest ?

Report any Hollywood bugs here
pecaN

StringRequest ?

Post by pecaN »

Hi, I have some questions concerning StringRequest.

1) If i set possible chars option to #all, and maxchar to 4, it works well - i can enter any char and max 4...
But if i set possible char option to #numerical, it works - i can enter only numbers but the maxchar option doesn't work... i tried to set it to eg. 3,4,6 etc but it doesn't work and i can enter unlimited number of chars in the requester... is it a bug or it is normal behaviour ???

2) just for my curiosity : if the above option is set to #all, the text i am typing in the requester is starts from the left, but if the otpion is set to #numerical, then that text i am typing in the requester is centered ? No problem with that, just i am curious... :-)

Thanx pecaN
airsoftsoftwair

Re: StringRequest ?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

pecaN wrote:Hi, I have some questions concerning StringRequest.

1) If i set possible chars option to #all, and maxchar to 4, it works well - i can enter any char and max 4...
But if i set possible char option to #numerical, it works - i can enter only numbers but the maxchar option doesn't work... i tried to set it to eg. 3,4,6 etc but it doesn't work and i can enter unlimited number of chars in the requester... is it a bug or it is normal behaviour ???
Normal behaviour. Reqtools.library doesn't allow limitation in numerical mode.
pecaN wrote: 2) just for my curiosity : if the above option is set to #all, the text i am typing in the requester is starts from the left, but if the otpion is set to #numerical, then that text i am typing in the requester is centered ? No problem with that, just i am curious... :-)
There's also nothing I can do about this since it's the way reqtools.library handles the requester.
pecaN

Re: StringRequest ?

Post by pecaN »

Hi Andreas,
thx for your replies ! i don't blame you for that, I am just asking because it is not written in the docs so I can't know it then :-) so you don't have to do anything about it (maybe write it in the next version of docs :-) )

regards pecaN