RapaGUI segfault in linux with doubleclick notifications

Report any Hollywood bugs here
AlexC

RapaGUI segfault in linux with doubleclick notifications

Post by AlexC »

Hi Andreas,

I've been running into an issue with RapaGUI on Linux when using listviews.
If I add a doubleclick notification on a listview, double-clicking a listitem causes a segfault with not other error printed on the debug output.

The quickest way to reproduce:
1) Copy the RapaGUI/Examples/Dialogs/ drawer to Projects/Dialogs or wherever
2) Edit Dialogs.xml
3) On line 15, change <listview id="lv" notify="active"> to <listview id="lv" notify="active;doubleclick">
4) Save the changes
5) Run the Dialogs.hws (either with Hollywood GUI Display button or from shell with './Interpreter Dialogs.hws -debugoutput'
6) Add a new entry to the listview
7) Double-click on the new entry. (I click next to the checkbox gadget as the other columns tend to trigger the text edit mode)

I've tried with several 64bit distibutions of linux on VirtualBox in Win8.1, Centos8, Puppy, Bodhi, using different desktops and window managers, but always get the same outcome, I also tried with a compiled version of the script, both for x86 and x64 and always get the segfault.
According to gdb the segfault is in RapaGUI.hwp, if I understood properly.

Let me know if you need more info or would like me to try something else
SamuraiCrow

Re: RapaGUI segfault in linux with doubleclick notifications

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Sounds to me like you are activating a notification without defining the behavior. It still should yield an error instead of a segmentation fault though.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
AlexC

Post by AlexC »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:16 am Sounds to me like you are activating a notification without defining the behavior. It still should yield an error instead of a segmentation fault though.
In the project I'm working on the doubleclick notification event has a handler and works as intended on both os4 and windows, it's only while testing the application under linux that I ran into that issue.

I provided an example using the Dialog demo because adding that single tag causes the same fault, and saves me the trouble of extracting the listview portion out of my code to post it here.

For that matter, it looks like the segfault happens before the interpreter gets a message from rapagui.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Definitely sounds like a bug. Thanks for reporting!
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Can't reproduce this with my latest build of RapaGUI 2.0 any more so I guess it has been fixed along the way because several core components have been completely rewritten in RapaGUI 2.0. So I consider this fixed.