HWPlayer 8.0 small bug in GUI

Report any Hollywood bugs here
samo79

HWPlayer 8.0 small bug in GUI

Post by samo79 »

Noted a small bug in latest Hollywood Player 8.0 GUI :-)
If a name of the exe is longer than current window size, then the text (aka the program's name) into the row will not be entirely selected

See grab: https://www.imageupload.net/image/hwplayer8.8cTsO

Of course if you increase the the window size, then the name will be entirely selected ..

P.S.
For the next release would be nice if you can make the whole HW player translable ;-)
airsoftsoftwair

Re: HWPlayer 8.0 small bug in GUI

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Setting a hard-coded minimum window size is actually against MUI guidelines so this won't be fixed.
samo79 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:56 pm For the next release would be nice if you can make the whole HW player translable ;-)
It's already translatable. All strings are in Hollywood.catalog.
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Ah ok, in any case i opened a ticket in the MUI bugtracker. just to let Thore know .. just to see what he think about as certainly it's a strange effect
It's already translatable. All strings are in Hollywood.catalog.
Ah ok, but are that files freely availible somewhere ?
I did not own the Hollywood package yet, however i'm availible to translate it in italian .. including the player of course ;)
samo79

Post by samo79 »

@airsoftsoftwair

Just asked Thore and he explain me what was maybe wrong, what you said was indeed true and there were no bug in your implementation, however it seems that you are not used a real List object for the Hollywood Player GUI, but a Floattext one ..
However in our case Floattext class is probably the wrong choice because it can't let us to select multicolumns. A plain list would be the one to use to avoid such problem.

See thread:

http://muidev.de/ticket/423
airsoftsoftwair

Code: Select all

- Change [Amiga/Player]: Text in the "description" widget of the Hollywood Player is no longer selectable
  as single lines because that doesn't make much sense
samo79 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:04 am Ah ok, but are that files freely availible somewhere ?
I did not own the Hollywood package yet, however i'm availible to translate it in italian .. including the player of course ;)
I can send them to you. Just drop me a mail...
samo79

Post by samo79 »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:17 pm

- Change [Amiga/Player]: Text in the "description" widget of the Hollywood Player is no longer selectable
  as single lines because that doesn't make much sense

Thanks for the fix :-)
airsoftsoftwair wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:17 pmI can send them to you. Just drop me a mail...
Sure, i'll send you in a private message
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Apparently the same "problem" still also in the "Description" box of Hollywood GUI
airsoftsoftwair

The texts for the descriptions aren't stored in the catalogs but in the file Hollywood.ini which is present in every example directory. Only Hollywood versions < 6.0 use the description strings stored in the catalogs. All newer versions load the description strings from the file Hollywood.ini.
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Mmm so to understand, that means i need to add manually all that italian strings inside the "Hollywood.ini" file in order to see the italian strings in "description" box of Hollywood 8 ?

If so, then fix it could be easy, i can just copy and paste that part of text from the file .ct to the .ini file

Aniway, what i was trying to explain here was a different issue, whetever the language showed (and the Hollywood version used) when a user click with the mouse into the text (in description area), that text will not be highlited entirely but only a specific part will be selected

Pratically exactly the same "issue" we had with Hollywood Player (see first post)
airsoftsoftwair

samo79 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:09 pm Mmm so to understand, that means i need to add manually all that italian strings inside the "Hollywood.ini" file in order to see the italian strings in "description" box of Hollywood 8 ?
Yes, but of course this means messing with the Hollywood installation which means that with every new update your Hollywood.ini files will be replaced with the English ones again...
samo79 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:09 pm Aniway, what i was trying to explain here was a different issue, whetever the language showed (and the Hollywood version used) when a user click with the mouse into the text (in description area), that text will not be highlited entirely but only a specific part will be selected
Pratically exactly the same "issue" we had with Hollywood Player (see first post)
Okay, this is fixed now too.

- Change [Amiga/Player/GUI]: Text in the "description" widget of the Hollywood Player and GUI is no longer
  selectable as single lines because that doesn't make much sense