I can´t edited my previous entry.

I did install libssl1.0.2

Its the only one which is found by apt-get and installs

So my conclusion is:

hurl.hwp for linux/arm is hardcoded to version 1.0.0 of libssl
airsoftsoftwair

Re: hURL Linking on Linux arm fails

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

fingus wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:38 am hurl.hwp for linux/arm is hardcoded to version 1.0.0 of libssl
Yes, unfortunately, that's always a problem on Linux. If newer OpenSSL versions don't install a compatibility softlink for older versions it probably means they aren't compatible so the only solution is to install the right version of OpenSSL for your architecture. If apt-get doesn't find it, try searching http://packages.debian.org for the version you need, e.g. https://packages.debian.org/search?suit ... l.so.1.0.0

For Raspberry Pi you need the armhf build. After you've found the right package, add the mirror to /etc/apt/sources.list and then do something like

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0
to install it.
fingus

Post by fingus »

I did download and install the libssl1.0.0.dab but it seems it have some kind of autoupdater which ended in version 1.1.1d. :x
amyren

Post by amyren »

Got it working after using the following steps on my Rpi4:

wget https://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/o/openssl/openssl_1.0.1t-1+deb8u12_armel.deb
sudo dpkg -i openssl_1.0.1t-1+deb8u12_armel.deb
jPV

Post by jPV »

Humm.. I guess this is the problem here too now. I was trying to compile a program to Linux x64, but it complains about the hURL plugin. The only solution still would be to install older openssl? Does anyone know if 1.0.2 would be old enough or what are exact requirements? In any case a bit annoying to require users install older versions...
fingus

Post by fingus »

jPV wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:41 pm Humm.. I guess this is the problem here too now. I was trying to compile a program to Linux x64, but it complains about the hURL plugin. The only solution still would be to install older openssl? Does anyone know if 1.0.2 would be old enough or what are exact requirements? In any case a bit annoying to require users install older versions...
I have still the Problem on RaspPi with Raspian.
airsoftsoftwair

jPV wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:41 pm Humm.. I guess this is the problem here too now. I was trying to compile a program to Linux x64, but it complains about the hURL plugin. The only solution still would be to install older openssl? Does anyone know if 1.0.2 would be old enough or what are exact requirements?
Check the following to see which version of OpenSSL hurl.hwp has been compiled against:

$ readelf -d hurl.hwp
I agree that this is quite suboptimal. I should probably provide two different builds of hURL for the x86 and arm Linux versions, one for OpenSSL 1.0.0 and one for 1.1.1. Having a single binary choose whatever version is available is not really possible... welcome to the Linux world...
airsoftsoftwair

- New [x64-linux/arm-linux]: Added separate builds for OpenSSL 1.1.1 for use on newer Linux versions
  that don't come with OpenSSL 1.0.2 any longer