OnWheelUp/OnWheelDown on MacOS

Report any Hollywood bugs here
jPV

OnWheelUp/OnWheelDown on MacOS

Post by jPV »

I seem to have issues with OnWheelDown and OnWheelUp on my MacOS setups.

1) It's hard to trigger OnWheelUp event on an Intel Mac with OSX 10.11.6. If I roll the wheel one step up, I get an OnWheelDown event. If I roll wheel quickly two steps I get one OneWheelDown event but also one OneWheelUp event, so I end up back to start. If I roll the wheel like crazy, I finally get more OnWheelUps than OnWheelDowns and get into right direction at least :) I tried with two mice and tried to look at settings too, but no help. Mouse wheel works just fine and exact way when scrolling, for example, a shell window, so it seems to be Hollywood's problem.

2) On a PPC Mac (OSX 10.5) it works in different way, but not correctly there either. Basically both OnWheelDown and OnWheelUp result a correct event, but the event gets doubled. One step up results two OnWheelUp events, and in the same way one step down results two OnWheelDown events. I tried this with a Powerbook G4 with both external USB mouse and internal touchpad, but both have the same issue. And again, for example, a shell window can be scrolled by one step in both directions.

It can be reproduced with this simple example:

Code: Select all

@OPTIONS {EnableDebug=True}
Function p_Input(msg)
    DebugPrint(msg.Action)
EndFunction
InstallEventHandler({OnWheelDown=p_Input, OnWheelUp=p_Input})
Repeat
   WaitEvent
Forever
airsoftsoftwair

Re: OnWheelUp/OnWheelDown on MacOS

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Will be checked.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: OnWheelUp/OnWheelDown on MacOS

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

These were indeed two entirely different issues because the PPC and the x86/x64 backends of Hollywood don't use the same code. Fixed now.

Code: Select all

- Fix [MacOS/x86/x64]: Mouse wheel events weren't generated reliably
- Fix [MacOS/PPC/Carbon86]: Mouse wheel events were always generated twice