DisableBlanker

Report any Hollywood bugs here
jPV

DisableBlanker

Post by jPV »

I'm just taking my first steps with Hollywood programming, so this might be just my mistake, but it looks like a bug for me anyway :)

The DisableBlanker option doesn't seem to work under MorphOS with Hollywood 6.1 if I have opened a display with the Desktop option.

This is what I'm trying and blanker still kicks in after a while:
@DISPLAY {Desktop = True, DisableBlanker = True}

If I remove the Desktop option, then it does work and blanker doesn't get activated, but I'd need it especially with the Desktop option.

BTW. is there a way to open a blank (black) display with the size of current OS desktop/screen without using the Desktop option?
jPV

Re: DisableBlanker

Post by jPV »

Also if Hollywood program with DisableBlanker starts while screen is already blanked, it doesn't remove the blanker. Could something be done for that?

I've only tested these on couple MorphOS systems, so I don't know if these are generic or platform dependant problems.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

If I remove the Desktop option, then it does work and blanker doesn't get activated, but I'd need it especially with the Desktop option.
Hmm, weird, I see this here too. Looks like a bug to me although I'm somewhat puzzled how the desktop feature should affect the screensaver. But I'll examine this.
BTW. is there a way to open a blank (black) display with the size of current OS desktop/screen without using the Desktop option?
Sure, there is. Just query the desktop dimensions using GetAttribute() and then create the display using these dimensions manually using CreateDisplay().
Also if Hollywood program with DisableBlanker starts while screen is already blanked, it doesn't remove the blanker. Could something be done for that?
Yes, makes sense. I'll see what I can do.
jPV

Post by jPV »

And can DisableBlanker be configured later when the display is already open? Manual doesn't seem to have it on SetDisplayAttributes() at least...
airsoftsoftwair

No, that's currently not possible.
airsoftsoftwair

Code: Select all

- Fix: Setting "DisableBlanker" to TRUE didn't work when desktop mode was enabled in @DISPLAY