Add the alternative to CreateKeyDown

Report any Hollywood bugs here
Bugala

Add the alternative to CreateKeyDown

Post by Bugala »

Not an bug, but wish for addition.

I am right now looking for something like CreateKeyDown, I just dont know by what name to look it for. My search terms gave "CreateKeyDown" as one of the results and it was exactly what i was looking for. But. It tells me not to use it anymore since it is Obsolete but to use newer commands instead, but it doesnt tell me what those newer commands are.

Would be good to add what those new commands are as you have put to other obsolete commands that i have bumbed to so far.
jalih

Re: Add the alternative to CreateKeyDown

Post by jalih »

Bugala wrote: I am right now looking for something like CreateKeyDown, I just dont know by what name to look it for.
Why not just install event handler and handle "OnKeyDown" or/and "OnKeyUp" events?
Bugala

Re: Add the alternative to CreateKeyDown

Post by Bugala »

Yeah, i found that eventually. But that was my point that i was looking for that, but didnt know by what name and found only that createkeydown. Had saved me some time if documentation had referred "Dont use CreateKeyDown, but use Install Eventhandler instead".

That is actually how it seems to be in rest of the obsolete command documentation cases, so might be that Andreas have simply missed that one.