[29 Mar 2012] Feature Request for Hollywood 6

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
nexus

[29 Mar 2012] Feature Request for Hollywood 6

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 29 Mar 2012 06:34:22 -0000

:)

I'd really love to see a formual editor for strings :) I know, this most likely extremely hard but dealing with latex generated SVGs between TextOut-Snippets is unconvenient and not really a solution. Fonts simply look different and worse, the font size is always a problem. It seems font size is not equal to the "biggest" sign in the font, right? For example, a bracket "(" seems to be higher in number of pixels than fontsize specifies? So, when including a SVG graphic, the bounding box around the so-included text is always different from the specified font size.

Hence, the alignment of formulas with ordinary text is a problem. I'd love to see an automatic alignment of formulas (generated with latex or in Latex-Style notation ;) ) in TextOut()

Thanks for reading my wishful thinking :D

nexus
airsoftsoftwair

[30 Mar 2012] Re: Feature Request for Hollywood 6

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:23:11 +0200
:)

I'd really love to see a formual editor for strings :) I know, this most likely extremely hard but dealing with latex generated SVGs between TextOut-Snippets is unconvenient and not really a solution. Fonts simply look different and worse, the font size is always a problem. It seems font size is not equal to the "biggest" sign in the font, right? For example, a bracket "(" seems to be higher in number of pixels than fontsize specifies? So, when including a SVG graphic, the bounding box around the so-included text is always different from the specified font size.

Hence, the alignment of formulas with ordinary text is a problem. I'd love to see an automatic alignment of formulas (generated with latex or in Latex-Style notation ;) ) in TextOut()

Thanks for reading my wishful thinking :D
I'm afraid that's not a high priority because this is too specialized and nothing for the general public, i.e. nothing spectacular that sells more Hollywood copies :)
nexus

[01 Apr 2012] Re: Feature Request for Hollywood 6

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 1 Apr 2012 10:35:24 +0200 (CEST)
I'm afraid that's not a high priority because this is too specialized and nothing for the general public, i.e. nothing spectacular that sells more Hollywood copies :)
I have to disagree because only then can hollywood really or easily be used for typical presentations (e.g. at university or any other kind of scientific work). In my group, the show stopper for hollywood is not being able to use formulas. On the other hand, the typical windows user hardly change their work chain which usually involves powerpoint. So, I cannot promise that in this case others are as mad as I and switch from "etablished" tools to insane cool niche products ;)

I'm going to publish my recently enhanced hwbeamer application soon (around the beginning of May -- then my spare time should increase a little bit).

thanks, nexus

-- email: nexus@net-eclipse.net
airsoftsoftwair

[01 Apr 2012] Re: Feature Request for Hollywood 6

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:18:34 +0200
I have to disagree because only then can hollywood really or easily be used for typical presentations (e.g. at university or any other kind of scientific work). In my group, the show stopper for hollywood is not being able to use formulas. On the other hand, the typical windows user hardly change their work chain which usually involves powerpoint. So, I cannot promise that in this case others are as mad as I and switch from "etablished" tools to insane cool niche products ;)
Well, maybe I'm going to add it someday but it all depends on how much work would be necessary to add this. I haven't checked if there are any libraries out there which help to do this. In that case, it could probably be added quite easily via a plugin.