[29 Feb 2012] FeatureRequest: SaveSnapshot() as SVG image

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
nexus

[29 Feb 2012] FeatureRequest: SaveSnapshot() as SVG image

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:02:19 -0000

Since, loading of SVG images are now possible with Hollywood 5.0, it would be nice, if snapshots could be saved as SVG, too.

I usually have to provide PDFs of my presentations. Currently, I do that by saving snapshots of my slides as PNGs and convert these to single PDF file. However, scaling of the pdf document is not possible then (or looks ugly otherwise). With SVG snapshots, this wouldn't be true anymore. Dunno, if this is easily possible. I have to admit, I have no clue about SVG :)

cheers, nexus
airsoftsoftwair

[02 Mar 2012] Re: FeatureRequest: SaveSnapshot() as SVG image

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 02 Mar 2012 14:13:53 +0100
Since, loading of SVG images are now possible with Hollywood 5.0, it would be nice, if snapshots could be saved as SVG, too.
Um, how do you expect this to work? :-) SVG is a vector format... the desktop screen is in pixels :)
I usually have to provide PDFs of my presentations. Currently, I do that by saving snapshots of my slides as PNGs and convert these to single PDF file. However, scaling of the pdf document is not possible then (or looks ugly otherwise). With SVG snapshots, this wouldn't be true anymore. Dunno, if this is easily possible. I have to admit, I have no clue about SVG :)
Open an SVG with a text editor... you'll soon see why it's not possible :)