[24 Feb 2012] Bug: ForcePathUse(True)

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
nexus

[24 Feb 2012] Bug: ForcePathUse(True)

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:08:39 -0000

First: very cool! Grafics like round Boxes and Circles look now perfect thanks to "ForcePathUse(True)"! Very appreciate this incredible useful feature! Thanks you, Andreas! :)

I observed a little Bug with (at least) boxes though, when "ForcePathUse(True)" is used.

The x- and y-coordinate are are miscalculated on the display by one pixel.

e.g. in my code the following box:

Box(#LEFTOUT,100,200,100,#DDDDDD,RoundLevel=57,hidden=False,name="testbox",insertPos=1}

is still visible by one line on the display.

Another example with clip regions:

Locale cid=CreateClipRegion(nil,#BOX,x,y,w,h)

When drawing then a box like:

Box(x,y,w,h,#BLACK,{hidden=false,name="textbox"})

it is displayed one pixle too far to the left and one pixle above the clip reagon. So, I need to adjust the Box in this way:

Box(x+1,y+1,w-1,h-1,#BLACK,{hidden=false,name="testbox"})

to place the Box within the clip region. (I'm not sure anymore if w-1 and h-1 is necessary).

Without ForcePathUse(True) the placement is of a box is correct.

cheers, nexus
nexus

[24 Feb 2012] Re: Bug: ForcePathUse(True)

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:23:16 -0000

Actually, the placement is even wrong by 2 pixels when "roundlevel" is used for boxes as shown in this example:

Code: Select all

SetFillStyle(#FILLNONE)
Box(#LEFTOUT,100,200,100,#RED,{roundlevel=57})
regards, nexus
nexus

[24 Feb 2012] Re: Bug: ForcePathUse(True)

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:24:46 -0000

Sorry, for spamming your mailboxes. I forgot to mention the resolution: Window mode, 1024x768 -- that might be important.

thanks, nexus
airsoftsoftwair

[25 Feb 2012] Re: Bug: ForcePathUse(True)

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 25 Feb 2012 12:21:43 +0100
First: very cool! Grafics like round Boxes and Circles look now perfect thanks to "ForcePathUse(True)"! Very appreciate this incredible useful feature! Thanks you, Andreas! :)

I observed a little Bug with (at least) boxes though, when "ForcePathUse(True)" is used.

The x- and y-coordinate are are miscalculated on the display by one pixel.

e.g. in my code the following box:

Box(#LEFTOUT,100,200,100,#DDDDDD,RoundLevel=57,hidden=False,name="testbox",insertPos=1}

is still visible by one line on the display.

Another example with clip regions:

Locale cid=CreateClipRegion(nil,#BOX,x,y,w,h)

When drawing then a box like:

Box(x,y,w,h,#BLACK,{hidden=false,name="textbox"})

it is displayed one pixle too far to the left and one pixle above the clip reagon. So, I need to adjust the Box in this way:

Box(x+1,y+1,w-1,h-1,#BLACK,{hidden=false,name="testbox"})

to place the Box within the clip region. (I'm not sure anymore if w-1 and h-1 is necessary).

Without ForcePathUse(True) the placement is of a box is correct.
Ok, thanks for reporting. I'll fix this.