[19 Feb 2012] Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[21 Feb 2012] Re: Re: Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:31:30 +0100
I'm the lucky guy who always seem to code in "an unexpected way" because "of course", in my case, the 4.8 script does not work with 5.0 :P

Since I identified the problem (without remembering exactly why I did it this way), I ask for a quick-solution-answer that someone might know:

The following command:

SetLayerStyle("footer",{text=myvar})

is called before the "footer"-Layer is created. In Hollywood4.8 this was ok,
Then it was a bug in 4.8. Setting layer attributes before the layer is even created doesn't make sense :-)
in 5.0 I get the error: "(German: Ebene "footer" wurde im aktuellen Hintergrundbild nicht gefunden!) Layer "footer" was not found in current backgroud picture!"

The reason is that the inital page has no footer but later pages do have a footer.

Unfortunately, it's also not possible with

GetAttribute(#LAYER,"footer",#ATTRLAYERID")

to check, if a certain layer exists.

Is there another way to check if a certain layer exists?
Are you looking for something like LayerExists()?
nexus

[21 Feb 2012] Re: Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:45:02 -0000
Then it was a bug in 4.8. Setting layer attributes before the layer is even created doesn't make sense :-)
True, but I couldn't figure out how to check if a layer exists and observed that it doesn't hurt to set or remove non-existing layers ;).

Anyway, LayerExists() is exactly what I was looking for. I am surprised that it is available before Hollywood v5.0 :D Must be some older part in may code then ;)

Anyway, thanks! Let's see what else I missed in my code ;D

cheers, nexus
nexus

[21 Feb 2012] Re: Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:43:08 -0000
Then it was a bug in 4.8.
Indeed it was! Had some interesting side effects in my script. Took me awhile until I got it to work in 5.0! But good, helped me to remove some stupid bugs :)

Have to carefully check my historical grown hwbeamer stuff (grown from Hollywood 4.0, i think ;) ) before I really use it for my next talk ;)

One thing I observered is (have not yet checked the documentation, so maybe it is explained there) that circles still don't look good. I thought with these Bezier-Spline enhancement mentioned in the press release, circles would be now look perfect? Please say RTFM when there is a way to fix circles ;)

Otherwise, wow! Linux binaries also works out of the box on my 64bit debian linux (with 32bit libs) when I don't include sound in scripts :)

Cheers, nexus
airsoftsoftwair

[21 Feb 2012] Re: Re: Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:21:32 +0100
One thing I observered is (have not yet checked the documentation, so maybe it is explained there) that circles still don't look good. I thought with these Bezier-Spline enhancement mentioned in the press release, circles would be now look perfect? Please say RTFM when there is a way to fix circles ;)
Go to http://www.hollywood-mal.com/ and download the Vectorgraphics Plugin. Then use either ForcePathUse(True) or draw the circles using the vector path functions directly.
Otherwise, wow! Linux binaries also works out of the box on my 64bit debian linux (with 32bit libs) when I don't include sound in scripts :)
Great!