[25 Sep 2011] Hollywood for iPad

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[25 Sep 2011] Hollywood for iPad

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 25 Sep 2011 00:06:04 +0200

Hollywood has recently been ported to the iPad (ARM architecture) by order of a commercial customer who needs to use it on tablet devices in clinics and hotels. A small demo video of Hollywood running on iPad has been uploaded to YouTube (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-I064zDRyM ) Unfortunately, it will most likely not be possible to integrate iPad support into Hollywood's cross-compiler because of several technical and legal restrictions that iPad apps are subject to. For commercial customers, however, we can now offer several solutions to get their Hollywood projects converted into iPad apps. Please contact us for further information.

Bugala

[25 Sep 2011] Re: Hollywood for iPad

Post by Bugala »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 25 Sep 2011 02:23:17 +0300 (EEST)

Hi, No hurry in answering this, since this is more of asking in advance for future needs so I can adjust my plans accordingly.

What a grat news to hear that you can get Hollywood programs to run on Ipad.

I am also interested can you amke them work on Android Devices as well.

Secondly I am interested about the scope of this functionality. I am basically mainly using Hollywood from programming point of view for quite simple tasks. I only use few commands as I only make games. I have also at least for now restricted myself into using Layers only for graphics and abandoned things like sprites completely.

This might not be enough, but it might give you quite good idea of what is needed.

I have great interest into making Touch games, I am actually most likely going to make one with another guy to whom I am giving the Design and he is going to make it.

However, game is very simple, and this gives me new opportunity, Maybe I could program that game myself and make it work on Amiga, PC, Mac and Ipad.

Games main fun is in using the Touch system for movement, but it would work okay with mouse too.

So two questions:

1. Can you make for example customer specific version of Hollywood that supports touch (I rather have version that is for all, but guess that is out of question so therefore asking custom version)?

2. Can you give some about pricing of what you take to turn a code into Ipad working one? (I suppose this the way you mean to do it, right?)

- Samuli

airsoftsoftwair

[01 Oct 2011] Re: Hollywood for iPad

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 01 Oct 2011 12:40:46 +0200

Replied in private.