[24 Apr 2011] Hollywood 4.8 now with Linux support

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[24 Apr 2011] Hollywood 4.8 now with Linux support

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Apr 2011 09:30:43 +0200

Airsoft Softwair is happy to annouce a special Easter egg for the Amiga community: Hollywood 4.8 is out now! This update contains mostly bug fixes and one great new feature requested by many people: Hollywood is now able to compile executables for Linux systems! With the ability of compiling for Linux systems Hollywood finally comes full circle because it now supports all major desktop operating systems. All in all, Hollywood can create programs for nine different platforms now: AmigaOS 3, AmigaOS 4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS, Windows, Mac OS X (Intel), Mac OS X (PowerPC), and Linux (Intel). A totally unique feature in the Amiga world!

Great care was taken to make Hollywood compiled executables as portable as possible across the many different Linux distros. Package dependencies were kept down to an absolute minimum: Only plain X11 - which should be present on any Linux system - is required by Hollywood executables! All other dependencies like gtk and ALSA for sound output are entirely optional: If they are installed, Hollywood will use them, if not, Hollywood will just run without them. Thus, Hollywood compiled executables will usually run straight out of the box on most common Linux distros. You definitely won't have to install dozens of packages before being able to run Hollywood executables!

Please visit the Airsoft Softwair webpage ( http://www.airsoftsoftwair.com/ ) for screenshots of Hollywood 4.8 running on Gentoo (KDE), Ubuntu (Gnome), Fedora (Gnome), openSUSE (KDE) and the brand-new GNOME 3.

Hollywood 4.8 is Airsoft Softwair's ultimate Multimedia experience and a must-have for every Amiga user who wants to use the full power that is in his machine. Hollywood is available on a CD-ROM and as a download version. If you order the download version, you will have to download an ISO image which you need to burn on CD-R then. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. Please visit the Airsoft Softwair webpage ( http://www.airsoftsoftwair.com/ ) for more information.
Elwood

[24 Apr 2011] Re: Hollywood 4.8 now with Linux support

Post by Elwood »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:14:38 +0200

Hello,

Huge!!! You're a hero.
... to annouce a special Easter egg...
annouNce
A totally unique feature in the Amiga world!
I would like everyone here to advertise this all around them. Talk about Amiga. Andreas gives us a wonderful opportunity to bring back Amiga in the computing world. We must not waste this opportunity. Thanks.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on 24 Apr 2011 11:20:09 +0200

Oreder sent half hour ago... :)

maybe I'm the first ? :)
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:59:52 +0100 (BST)

Congratulations Andreas for this new version, but it has corrected the bug that has the IDE program in Windos? And that new examples it has, and other question, if I'll make one program with Hollywood, I can sell it?

Best regards from Juan Carlos.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:38:43 +0200

Hello,
if I'll make one program with Hollywood, I can sell it?
Yes. Check: http://www.ferrule-media.no/
airsoftsoftwair

[24 Apr 2011] Re: Re: Hollywood 4.8 now with Linux support

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:43:23 +0200
Oreder sent half hour ago... :)

maybe I'm the first ? :)
Nope, second, bad luck :)
ArtBlink

[25 Apr 2011] Re : Hollywood 4.8 now with Linux support

Post by ArtBlink »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 25 Apr 2011 00:40:28 +0100 (BST)

Yeah... i buy it Win and Amiga version ;-) My credit card is hot now and i go to test this new version when i can download it... Respect Andreas, you make a really good job ;-)
airsoftsoftwair

[25 Apr 2011] Re: Hollywood 4.8 now with Linux support

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 25 Apr 2011 23:35:44 +0200
Congratulations Andreas for this new version,... And that new examples it has, and other question, if I'll make one program with Hollywood, I can sell it?
Sure, you can sell it.
airsoftsoftwair

[01 May 2011] Re: Re: Hollywood 4.8 now with Linux support

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 01 May 2011 12:39:02 +0200
I would like everyone here to advertise this all around them. Talk about Amiga. Andreas gives us a wonderful opportunity to bring back Amiga in the computing world. We must not waste this opportunity. Thanks.
Well said, thanks :)