[23 Jan 2011] Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[23 Jan 2011] Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:12:06 +0100

After almost 3 years of development, Airsoft Softwair is very proud to announce the immediate availability of the long awaited third incarnation of our famous Hollywood Designer. Hollywood Designer 3.0 is a multimedia authoring system that runs on top of Hollywood and can be used to create all sorts of multimedia based applications; for example presentations, slide shows, simple games, and programs. Thanks to Hollywood, all multimedia applications created using Hollywood Designer can be exported as stand-alone executables for the following systems: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86), Mac OS X (PPC), Mac OS X (x86). This is a feature that is totally unique in the Amiga world.

Hollywood Designer 3.0 is a huge update and has endless new features and improvements over the previous versions. We do not want to bore you, so here are just some of them:

* Support for global project timeline: allows scheduling of slides in millisecond precision! (great for sync'ing slides and music)
* Introducing action events for much more artistic freedom
* Almost 40 different action events are supported!
* Unlimited number of effects can run simultaneously
* Unlimited number of anims can run simultaneously
* Incredibly powerful effect handler: page effects can run simultaneously with object effects
* Thumbnail view of all slides in the project
* Support for hotkeys during presentation mode (pause, forward, backward...)
* Event system completely redesigned - much more powerful now!
* All fonts can be linked into executables generated by Designer - no more worries about missing fonts!
* Support for platform independent text rendering: TrueType text looks exactly the same now on every system!
* Text objects can be rotated and distorted now, too
* Support for real layer transparency and tinting
* Inbuilt scaling engine allows promotion of projects to any screen mode
* Layer z-order is no longer tied to order of layer appearance
* On-the-fly animation of layers is possible using a special action event inspired by DPaint's "Move" functionality
* Mouse pointer can be changed during presentation
* GIF anims can be embedded in projects
* Supports cool new MUI 4.0 features (MorphOS version only)
* Added support for object anchor points
* Over 50 new transition effects
* UTF-8 support for all text objects
* Buttons are handled completely asynchronously now
* Projects can now be exported as AVI videos
* Ready for Hollywood 4!
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes

Without a doubt, Hollywood Designer 3.0 is the definitive multimedia solution for all Amiga compatible platforms, but as a picture is worth a thousand words, we have made some screenshots of Hollywood Designer 3.0 running on MorphOS and AmigaOS 4 for you to see http://www.airsoftsoftwair.de/en/news.html

Hollywood Designer 3.0 is a very stable and mature multimedia authoring system. We would like to emphasize that it is not only suited for personal use, but also for professional commercial customers. Ferrule Media ( http://www.ferrule-media.no ), for instance, have created an info channel containing over 700 unique slides in a single project with Hollywood Designer. Hollywood Designer was designed to handle these huge projects efficiently so that they can run 24 hours a day and 7 days a week without any visible memory fragmentation!

Hollywood Designer 3.0 comes on a CD-ROM that contains versions for all supported platforms: There are native versions of the program for AmigaOS3 (m68k), WarpOS (ppc), MorphOS (ppc), and AmigaOS4 (ppc). A download version is also offered. If you order the download version, you will have to download an ISO image which you need to burn on CD-R then. If you already own a previous version of Hollywood Designer, you can buy a discounted upgrade version.

Please note that Hollywood Designer 3.0 runs on top of the Multimedia Application Layer Hollywood 4.7. Thus, Hollywood 4.7 is strictly required for Hollywood Designer 3.0. Both programs are available in a special bundle which is the ultimate package for every power Amiga user who wants to see what his system can do with Hollywood 4.7 & Hollywood Designer 3.0.

Power up your Amiga system with Hollywood 4.7 & Hollywood Designer 3.0 and order now!
Tuxedo

[23 Jan 2011] Re: Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Post by Tuxedo »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 13:37:35 +0000 (GMT)

GREAT WORKS Andreas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
xabierpayet

[23 Jan 2011] Re: Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Post by xabierpayet »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:49:52 +0000 (GMT)

congratulations andreas, you are working hard with hollywood, i enjoy it every day. Have you planned make more more os compatible executables? as android ios etc...? will be nice code apps for a tabletpc. is possible to control a multitouch touchscreen? i have an hp touchscreen tabletpc with uae and i can use the touch screen to paint write etc under uae but will be possible control 2 points x,y at same time in 1 single screen to control gestures? as if i has 2 mouses runing at same time, one mouse per finger. regards
Elwood

[23 Jan 2011] Re: Re: Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Post by Elwood »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:13:49 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
is possible to control a multitouch touchscreen?
The OS needs to support multitouch and of course you need a driver for the screen. So it's not that easy.....

-- Elwood
xabierpayet

[23 Jan 2011] Re: Re: Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Post by xabierpayet »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:22:52 +0000 (GMT)

well, i think that is possible make some trick for example, is possible to control 2 mouses in an amiga at same time? YES, if you have 2 mouse x and y coordinates you can make nice things but is not possible control 2 different mouse coordinates with hollywood
Juan Carlos

[24 Jan 2011] Re: Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Post by Juan Carlos »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:55:20 +0000 (GMT)

Congratulations Andrea for this new version, but I hope that it will has more examples than 2.5, because your environment of programing is fantastic I think that very better than Flash, but you have very few examples, and I think that Hollywood and Hollywood Designer are as a Ferrari but with the motor from Fiat 600 (excuseme for the example for 600 fans).

Best regards and congratulation for this new realesed.

P.D.: One special question if I buy "Hollywood 4.7 Crossgrade from Amiga version (49 euros)" for Windos, I can install it with my current Hollywood version upgraded to 3.0, 3.5, 3.7, 4.0, 4.5, 4.7. they are many upgrades as this Windows version will hadn't problems. What do you think?
ArtBlink

[24 Jan 2011] Re: Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Post by ArtBlink »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:06:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hello, It's good ;-) Be careful, the speed of hollywod programm is link with the computer and OS. You can't develop in the same way as AOS and Morphos. You must test the rapidity of your programm before compile it. In exemple, Memory management on Amiga One XE is less than SAM but AmigaOne XE is more faster in CPU speed... So, you must pre calculate data (calcul) for sam (access memory more faster) and you must use CPU calculate for AmigaOne (CPU of AmigaOne more faster) So, if you develop in Sam and you're programm is fast with sam, this same program can be slower on AmigaOne, because you use the pre calculation data ;-) In the same exemple, the multiplicity of function call slow your programm, i have make test on microAone, function call in loop For is approximatively 25% slower than make calcul directly in loop For. Limit function use, well, you're program is less readable but more faster
airsoftsoftwair

[26 Jan 2011] Re: Hollywood Designer 3.0 out now!

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:12:18 +0100
P.D.: One special question if I buy "Hollywood 4.7 Crossgrade from Amiga version (49 euros)" for Windos, I can install it with my current Hollywood version upgraded to 3.0, 3.5, 3.7, 4.0, 4.5, 4.7.
Yes, if you buy the Windows crossgrade you're still allowed to use your Amiga versions of course. Buying the Windows crossgrade gives you a separate license for the Windows branch of Hollywood. Your Amiga license remains valid of course.
airsoftsoftwair

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:17:55 +0100
GREAT WORKS Andreas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. By the way, I strongly recommend to upgrade to Designer 3.0 because it's really a massive update. Many features of the Hollywood 4.x branch were specifically created for use by Designer 3.0... some of them are even undocumented :) So Designer 3.0 is a good way of seeing what Hollywood 4 can really do :)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:15:00 +0000 (GMT)

Good night Andreas:

Thank you for your fast answer, I'll buy the Windows version because Hollywood under WinUAE is very slow, and is that as running on a native CPU is the best.

Best regards from your friend Juan Carlos.