[19 Dec 2010] Feature Request

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
PEB

[19 Dec 2010] Feature Request

Post by PEB »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 19 Dec 2010 22:52:36 -0000

Hi Andreas,

Would it be possible to add a function that would be able to check if another Hollywood program is running (or another instance of the same program)? This can be done on the Amiga side of things by assigning ARexx ports (and then checking for the existance of the port name); but it would be nice if something similar could be done also in Hollywood programs compiled for Mac and Windows.
Tuxedo

[20 Dec 2010] Re: Feature Request

Post by Tuxedo »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on 20 Dec 2010 14:27:00 +0200
Would it be possible to add a function that would be able to check if another Hollywood program is running (or another instance of the same program)? This can be done on the Amiga side of things by assigning ARexx ports (and then checking for the existance of the port name); but it would be nice if something similar could be done also in Hollywood programs compiled for Mac and Windows.
I think that was nice to have a feature like this if possible :)
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
airsoftsoftwair

[23 Dec 2010] Re: Feature Request

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:18:32 +0100
Hi Andreas,

Would be a nice feature but it's not so easy... requires some interprocess communication which I'm not very familiar with on Windows & Mac. But it's been on my to do list for some time now...