[21 Mar 2010] Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
TheMartian

[21 Mar 2010] Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Post by TheMartian »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:40:36 -0000

Hi

I have played for a couple of days with the Codebench SE edition for Hollywood on my Flex.

It works well in many ways compared to Cubic IDE. For a version 0.13 it seem to be very stable. I have had a few gurus/reapers when switching between tabs with multiple programs and sometimes it seems to deactivate the options to build and run a program. Once this happens they stay deactivated. This can be fixed by closing the program, open it again and reload the project. Then it can run for hours again. I have not been able to reproduce it consistently. One little thing really bugs me. Whenever I build an .exe file the execute flag is not set. So I have to manually set it before I can run it. I hope this is not a feature. :-)

The editor recognizes and colorizes keywords if they are spelled exactly right with the correct case. So 'NPrint' is colored whereas 'nprint' is not. The commands will work anyway. The ideal situation, in my opinion, would be if it modified 'nprint' to NPrint' as long as the string is not part of a comment.

Apart from these minor issues it is a pleasure to use. It runs fast, looks good and behaves as expected, when you click something on the GUI. It also installs very fast. Cubic IDE may be a bit closer to retirement on my Flex though I will stay with it for now.

regards Jesper
PEB

[21 Mar 2010] Re: Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Post by PEB »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:00:05 -0700 (PDT)

I really love using Codebench to program with Hollywood. If you have any suggestions or bugs to report, send Rigo an e-mail. (He fixed a few bugs that I reported a while ago very quickly.)
TheMartian

[22 Mar 2010] Re: Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Post by TheMartian »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:20:34 -0000

Hi

I had such intentions. But there did no seem to be a contact mail address on the homepage for the product. Writing here or to the new Hollywood Forum seemed to be the next best option.

Can you provide me with the address or point me to where I can see it?

regards Jesper
Simon

[22 Mar 2010] Re: Re: Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Post by Simon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:35:35 +0000
Can you provide me with the address or point me to where I can see it?
I have already replied to you off-list regarding your problems, did you not get my mail?

Simon
TheMartian

[26 Mar 2010] Re: Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Post by TheMartian »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:55:44 -0000

Hi

Just to wrap up this thread. The problem with the missing execute bit turns out to be an issue with Hollywood when compiling to a partition formatted as JXFS. If I send the file to a partition formatted with SFS/00 there is no problem. The problem has been logged on the new Hollywood site. So.... over to you Andreas :-)

Simon Rico mailed me a long and very useful mail that solved the issue with colorcoding of keywords etc. I came up with a way of replicating the third issue about the build- and run-buttons in the GUI losing focus. This was mailed to Simon Rico and I hope he can fix it. So all that remains for me is to find a way to replicate the occasional reapers.

All in all some productive days :-)

This is one of the things I really like about the Amiga Community. The involvement by the programmers and the nearly instant reaction to any issues the users might have.

regards Jesper
airsoftsoftwair

[27 Mar 2010] Re: Re: Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:50:16 +0100
Hi

Just to wrap up this thread. The problem with the missing execute bit turns out to be an issue with Hollywood when compiling to a partition formatted as JXFS. If I send the file to a partition formatted with SFS/00 there is no problem. The problem has been logged on the new Hollywood site. So.... over to you Andreas :-)
Replied on the forums :)
alfkil

Post by alfkil »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:12:35 +0100
This is one of the things I really like about the Amiga Community. The involvement by the programmers and the nearly instant reaction to any issues the users might have.
Yes, I agree, you gotta love that :-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:47:40 +0000

And for the sake of completeness, the next version of CodeBench will set the protection bits accordingly after the compile.

Simon
airsoftsoftwair

[28 Mar 2010] Re: Re: Trying Codebench 0.13 for Hollywood

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:28:46 +0200
And for the sake of completeness, the next version of CodeBench will set the protection bits accordingly after the compile.
The next version of Hollywood will set them too :-)