[24 Jan 2010] Skip (intro) - jump directly to next slide

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[25 Jan 2010] Re: Re: Skip (intro) - jump directly to next slide

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:02:08 +0100
Oh no... SORRY.... I have to pull back, my fault !!! Somehow I did not open/display the right hws script... If I do now, it should work, but doesn't because HW 4.0 comes up with an error message:

"Function CheckEvent() not found"

This might be due to version 4.0.... Even though the function is listed in HW Help Guide as old HW 1.0 upto 2.0 compatible. Maybe was reinvented in 4.5 ?
Yes, a blast from the past: CheckEvent() rose to new fame in 4.5 :)
gerograph

[26 Jan 2010] Re: Skip (intro) - jump directly to next slide

Post by gerograph »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:35:11 -0000

O.k. Andreas you convinced me, I'll update today... even though it is a bit sad, because I just invested in the SAM/HW special package, and are still working on my first presentation, and update already needed. But I guess, better fonthandling is a big improvement if you publish your presentations on other platforms as well.

Not to mention, that it is always vital to invest into Amiga and excellent Amiga Soft in order to keep the monument going !

greetings

Gero
Bugala

[26 Jan 2010] Re: Skip (intro) - jump directly to next slide

Post by Bugala »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:41:55 -0000

I too bought Hollywood 4.0, i think it was November only and that update came only month-two later as well.

But i was only happy about it. Its actually better having that update right now at beginning of learning than later, since now learning is easier, for some of the annoying stuff have been cut off and things work better.

ie. in HW4 when you used layers in code, you were in need of hassling with ID numbers, and then after that if you wanted to use name instead of ID number, you were in need of using setlayername.

This is not a big deal otherwise, but when you generate layers on the fly (ie. enemies) and then some of them might even drop from middle (meaning that all the id numbres change) then hassling with IDs gives you some extra work to handle. But now its much easier, i just make layer in way of: Rectangle(NIL, stuff, {name$="namedecidedbyme"})

and i dont need to touch its ID at all. Just use that "namedecidedbyme" instead.

So much better.
airsoftsoftwair

[28 Jan 2010] Re: Re: Skip (intro) - jump directly to next slide

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:50:18 +0100
O.k. Andreas you convinced me, I'll update today... even though it is a bit sad, because I just invested in the SAM/HW special package, and are still working on my first presentation, and update already needed. But I guess, better fonthandling is a big improvement if you publish your presentations on other platforms as well.

Not to mention, that it is always vital to invest into Amiga and excellent Amiga Soft in order to keep the monument going !
Yep, that's the right attitude. In this small market every sold copy counts and helps further developments.
gerograph

[30 Jan 2010] Re: Skip (intro) - jump directly to next slide

Post by gerograph »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:37:18 -0000

Thanks for help, I just implemented it like suggested, even though I did it only on the first slide/page. Altering code for every page is a bit to much... So I split the Intro page into 2 pages and created a "clickable Index" on the first one and a "Skip Intro" on the second.

Thanks for help and for version 4.5...