[24 Jan 2010] "Umlaute" und Graphikfehler bei MAC x86 Compilat

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
gerograph

[24 Jan 2010] "Umlaute" und Graphikfehler bei MAC x86 Compilat

Post by gerograph »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:10:10 -0000

Hi everybody,

until now I hang around at Hollywood Forum at Amiga Resistance, but know I somehow had to join this group ...

This is the question:

I compiled a MAC x86 Version of my HW Script. After using compatible Fonts (here: DeJavu were replaced by Helvetica) it runs quiet nice. But I have not got a Mac, so it is just tested on friends device. I have to relay, what he reports back and trial + error is a bit hard here:

O.k. here are the problems:

1. ö.ü,ß.ä.... are not shown.

2. Right border gets cut (in Windowmode)

Will the problems dissapear if using 4.5 (up to now I use 4.0) - I guess so, because fonts will then be "embedded" ???

Thanx for help
airsoftsoftwair

[24 Jan 2010] Re: "Umlaute" und Graphikfehler bei MAC x86 Compilat

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:26:31 +0100
Hi everybody,

until now I hang around at Hollywood Forum at Amiga Resistance, but know I somehow had to join this group ...

This is the question:

I compiled a MAC x86 Version of my HW Script. After using compatible Fonts (here: DeJavu were replaced by Helvetica) it runs quiet nice. But I have not got a Mac, so it is just tested on friends device. I have to relay, what he reports back and trial + error is a bit hard here:

O.k. here are the problems:

1. ö.ü,ß.ä.... are not shown. 2. Right border gets cut (in Windowmode)

Will the problems dissapear if using 4.5 (up to now I use 4.0) - I guess so, because fonts will then be "embedded" ???
Umlaute have been fixed in 4.5 and will definitely work correctly with 4.5.

I'm not sure about the problem with the right border as I've never heard about this before. I'd need some more information about this to tell you more. It's also slight confusing because OS X windows do not have any left, right, and bottom borders at all. They only have a top border containing the title bar with size/minimize/close widgets so I'm not sure what your friend is referring to when he talks about the "right border"...
gerograph

[24 Jan 2010] Re: "Umlaute" und Graphikfehler bei MAC x86 Compilat

Post by gerograph »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:15:59 -0000

O.k. "Umlaute" have been fixed... thanx... is there a chance to "workaround" in V4.0 ?

I have to investigate the border problem further, as long as I cannot see it myself, I have no glue what it might be...
airsoftsoftwair

[25 Jan 2010] Re: Re: "Umlaute" und Graphikfehler bei MAC x86 Compilat

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:25:20 +0100
O.k. "Umlaute" have been fixed... thanx... is there a chance to "workaround" in V4.0 ?
Not that I'd know...