[18 Jan 2010] How to get True Type Fonts in use on designer.

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
Bugala

[18 Jan 2010] How to get True Type Fonts in use on designer.

Post by Bugala »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 03:35:30 -0000

Im trying to use these truetype fonts (.ttf).

I suppose with Hollywood its just simply loadfont()

But what about designer, how do i get those fonts to be on the choice list when im choosing a font?

Im using WINUAE currently.
airsoftsoftwair

[20 Jan 2010] Re: How to get True Type Fonts in use on designer.

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:28:29 +0100
Im trying to use these truetype fonts (.ttf).

I suppose with Hollywood its just simply loadfont()

But what about designer, how do i get those fonts to be on the choice list when im choosing a font?

Im using WINUAE currently.
You need to use the program FTManager that comes with Hollywood to install true type fonts. It will copy the *.ttf file to FONTS:TrueType and generate the required *.otag and *.font files in FONTS:. After you've installed the fonts using FTManager, they will appear in the Designer choice list.
Bugala

[24 Jan 2010] Re: How to get True Type Fonts in use on designer.

Post by Bugala »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 24 Jan 2010 08:48:53 -0000

One more question concerning this.

With WINUAEs dedault fonts that have been installed i have sometimes been encountering difficulties in using them on some specific sizes, that it seems it demands right size to be installed.

Now i tried installing couple of these true type fonts and changed their sizes and clicked install, but only sizes 10 and 15 appeared on the font size list.

They did however work fine even i chose them as bigger.

So how can i install other sizes than 10 and 15 of thsoe true type fonts, or do ieven need to do so?

For does True Type fonts work with any size as long as they are once installed?
airsoftsoftwair

[25 Jan 2010] Re: Re: How to get True Type Fonts in use on designer.

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:24:27 +0100
One more question concerning this.

With WINUAEs dedault fonts that have been installed i have sometimes been encountering difficulties in using them on some specific sizes, that it seems it demands right size to be installed.

Now i tried installing couple of these true type fonts and changed their sizes and clicked install, but only sizes 10 and 15 appeared on the font size list.

They did however work fine even i chose them as bigger.

So how can i install other sizes than 10 and 15 of thsoe true type fonts, or do ieven need to do so?
No, you don't need to install any other sizes. Just enter the size you want. Any size will work with TrueType.