[06 Jan 2010] Problem with MatchPattern()

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
Allanon

[06 Jan 2010] Problem with MatchPattern()

Post by Allanon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 06 Jan 2010 22:10:59 -0000

Hello, I've a problem with the command MatchPattern(), in the Amigaish side all is working fine but if I create an executable for Windows (I've Vista) the result is always False.

I've tried a simple example:

Code: Select all

DebugPrint(MatchPattern(" fabio", "#?")
DebugPrint(MatchPattern(" fabio", "*")
But as said under Vista the result is always false: any hints?

Regards, Fabio
airsoftsoftwair

[06 Jan 2010] Re: Problem with MatchPattern()

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 06 Jan 2010 23:36:20 +0100
Hello, I've a problem with the command MatchPattern(), in the Amigaish side all is working fine but if I create an executable for Windows (I've Vista) the result is always False.

I've tried a simple example:

Code: Select all

DebugPrint(MatchPattern(" fabio", "#?")
DebugPrint(MatchPattern(" fabio", "*")
But as said under Vista the result is always false: any hints?
That's normal behaviour. MatchPattern() currently only works on AmigaOS because it uses Amiga style patterns. If I wanted to make this work on Windows & Mac OS, I'd have to switch to a different pattern notation, probably glob or something. Until then, MatchPattern() always returns FALSE if not on AmigaOS :)
Allanon

[07 Jan 2010] Re: Problem with MatchPattern()

Post by Allanon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:14:21 -0000

Ok, thank you Andreas

Greets, Fabio