[03 Jan 2010] Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[03 Jan 2010] Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 16:25:54 +0100

Airsoft Softwair are very proud to annouce the immediate availability of Hollywood 4.5 (Codename: Snowflake). This is a huge update which brings along many new features and general improvements over Hollywood 4.0. In this update we paid special attention to all the wishes that reached us from the ever growing Hollywood community. We carefully listened to all these requests and tried to realize as many wishes as possible. Hollywood 4.5 is undoubtedly the most advanced Amiga multimedia application. It is highly stable, extremely easy to use and flexible, and enjoyed by many happy Amiga users around the globe. Furthermore, professional commercial companies like Ferrule Media are highly successful thanks to Hollywood's multimedia power. The best pro Hollywood argument is of course that it is available in native versions for 8 (eight!) different platforms: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86), Mac OS X (PPC), Mac OS X (x86).

Among the countless new features in Hollywood 4.5 is the ability to open multiple windows with Hollywood (scripts are no longer limited to a single window!), fonts can be embedded into executables (it's no longer necessary to install them first), windows can use alpha channel transparency, hardware accelerated transition effects (only on AmigaOS 4.1 and MorphOS 2), full clipboard support, load and save GIF animations, save AVI videos, drag'n'drop support, and much much more.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of new features in Hollywood 4.5:

* Support for unlimited displays
* Fonts can be linked into executables
* Displays can use alpha-channel transparency
* Hardware accelerated transition effects
* Display manager completely rewritten - much more flexible now!
* Resource monitor to track script's memory usage
* Extremely easy access to the clipboard (text, images)
* GIF anim support: Load and save GIF anims now!
* Access to AVI video stream renderer from Hollywood
* Seamless FX seeking: all fx can now be transformed on-the-fly
* Layers system greatly extended
* Support for animations with alpha channel
* Drag'n'drop support
* New offscreen drawing modes for anims and images
* User-definable drag and size regions
* Full-screen/windowed switching now possible from script API
* New OS exclusive functions (access icon tooltypes on AmigaOS, or the registry on windows)
* Support for matrix transformations on layers and brushes
* 64-bit and CMYK images now fully supported (incl. 16-bit alpha channel)
* Support for layer clip regions
* Possibility to open URLs from Hollywood
* Support for saving 24bit IFF ILBM images
* Successfully tested on Snow Leopard and Windows 7!
* More than 250kb of new documentation
* 10 new example scripts (over 70 in total)
* Standard library set encompasses over 470 functions now!
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes
* Ready for X!

Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other two modern desktop systems, Windows and Mac OS! With Hollywood, you can save programs for all those platforms. You do not have to have AmigaOS4 or AROS, you can save programs for these platforms also from your AmigaOS3 installation! You do not need to have Mac OS X, you can still compile your programs for it using your AmigaOS or MorphOS installation. Only Hollywood makes it possible.

All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution get your personal copy of Hollywood 4.5 now!

Please visit the Airsoft Softwair homepage for much more information on Hollywood and some screenshots.

http://www.airsoftsoftwair.com

--
ArtBlink

[03 Jan 2010] Re : Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by ArtBlink »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:52:11 +0000 (GMT)

YEEEES

It's too good, i know what they are a 4.5 version of hollywood...

I have commanded it 5 minutes ago...

Very big thanks Andreas... sincerly

RESPECT
Clyde

[03 Jan 2010] Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 20:56:26 +0100

Congratulation, Andreas! This seems to be a very, very fine update! With all the new features I guess version number 5 would had also been possible and justified. :-) I hope to buy (and use! :-/) it soon! After christmas there is not much money in the pockets right now. :-(
* Possibility to open URLs from Hollywood
What exactly does this mean? I can access text files or html files or anything and parse/download it?
* Ready for X!
Hehe, and what does this mean? Does this relate to the new hardware project by Hyperion? "X" like "Xena"???

Uhhh, exciting times! I love this hints. :-)

Andreas, do you have a diff of the documentations from version 4.0 and 4.5? That would help me a lot in updating hw4c! Thanks, mate!

Again, great job and thanks a lot for all!!!!!

Greetings Micha
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
ArtBlink

Post by ArtBlink »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 3 Jan 2010 21:14:39 +0000 (GMT)

ANDREAS... What is it? I read this :
Ready for X!
Grrr!!! you know and you say nothing? So you're lucky man, because Hollywood is extremely good, BUT, if you want our pardon, you must explain what is this X.

PleeeEEEeeaaaAAAAaaaSe

Respect
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:17:42 +0100

Hi there!
Grrr!!! you know and you say nothing? So you're lucky man, because Hollywood is extremely good, BUT, if you want our pardon, you must explain what is this X.
Well, I am quite sure now that my assumption in my last mail was right. Just look at this site: http://www.a-eon.com/ "What is X"? And then follow all the hints ...

Cheers!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc

Post by Guest »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:51:20 +0100

Well, I guess it's too late for those last few things...

Anyway, thanks for being so responsive, and congrats on your new baby :-) I'm in a slight economic crisis, so upgrading is going to wait a bit, sorry... :(

Best wishes,

Alfkil
ZORAWSKI

[04 Jan 2010] Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by ZORAWSKI »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:04:57 +0100

Hi Hollywood's Team,

Happy New Year 2010 !

Great news this release at least for the embedded fonts and the active URL links !
ZORAWSKI

Post by ZORAWSKI »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:28:57 +0100

Hi Again Andreas,

Is there a direct link for downloading this new version please ?
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:36:49 -0000

Congratulation Andreas, and thank you for supporting the Amiga scene with your outstanding products!!!

Greets, Fabio
Robin

Post by Robin »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:41:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
Is there a direct link for downloading this new version please ?
You can order your copy at http://airsoftsoftwair.de/en/ For the online version you'll reveive a downloadlink after your payment is processed.