[03 Jan 2010] Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[04 Jan 2010] Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:40:16 +0100
Congratulation, Andreas! This seems to be a very, very fine update! With all the new features I guess version number 5 would had also been possible and justified. :-) I hope to buy (and use! :-/) it soon! After christmas there is not much money in the pockets right now. :-(

* Possibility to open URLs from Hollywood

What exactly does this mean? I can access text files or html files or anything and parse/download it?
No, it's much simpler:

Code: Select all

OpenURL("http://www.airsoftsoftwair.com")
...opens the Airsoft Softwair homepage :)
ZORAWSKI

Post by ZORAWSKI »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:59:56 +0100

Hi,
You can order your copy at http://airsoftsoftwair.de/en/ For the online version you'll reveive a downloadlink after your payment is processed.
Your answer is funny since I have bought the 4.0 version with Designer 2 version !
TheMartian

Post by TheMartian »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:40:14 -0000

Congratulations with the new 'baby'!

The new year starts out very well... Hollywood 4.5 is out (just ordered), OS4.1.1 is appearently soooo close to release and then there is the 'X'-factor thingy, that is the talk of the town and keeps people up late attempting to solve the riddles. Amiga fans do really have fun just now!

Happy New Year everyone :-)

Jesper
airsoftsoftwair

[05 Jan 2010] Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:48:12 +0100
Your answer is funny since I have bought the 4.0 version with Designer 2 version !
Well, if you expect Hollywood 4.5 to be available for free I have to disappoint you. Free updates are just not possible in this small market because I hardly get any new customers, so that the development of Hollywood is almost entirely financed by asking existing customers to upgrade their versions for a fee. Otherwise Hollywood would've long been abandoned, because it's incredibly much work to maintain this program for eight different platforms. Just imagine the amount of testing involved to make sure that every of the 70 example scripts works on OS3, OS4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS, Win32, OS X PPC, OS X Intel. And this is only testing! Now make sure that compiling executables works on every platform. And now implement new features and make sure it's working the same everywhere! I can assure you that's a hell of work... and 49 Euros for such a huge update as 4.5 is a real bargain because it took almost a year to develop 4.5... it's really only the upgrade sales that keep Hollywood alive, so everyone who wants to make sure that Hollywood development is continued, should buy that upgrade. The market is so small, that really every copy sold counts.
critonsgate

[05 Jan 2010] Re : Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by critonsgate »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:43:45 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I understand all you're points Andreas, cause i'm a professional developer too. Testing all the stuff would be a big mess !!!

I'll upgrade shortly.

Thanks a lot to make this awesome work !

And Happy new year !

I will be back for questions héhé.

Regards. Christophe.
Tarzin

[06 Jan 2010] Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by Tarzin »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:49:54 +0100

Hello Andreas,

Great News! Could you send me the new .cd file to update french translation?

BTW, could we expected soon an update of Hollywood Designer? Thanks!

*Tarzin*

Have you tried AmiGame V2? http://www.amigame.fr/
A500 / A600 / A1200 / SAM440
WinUAE OS3.9 (AmiKit) / OS4.1FE (FlowerPot)
---
https://twitter.com/TarzinCDK
airsoftsoftwair

[06 Jan 2010] Re: Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 06 Jan 2010 23:38:54 +0100
Great News! Could you send me the new .cd file to update french translation?
Sure, I'll send it to you in a private mail.
BTW, could we expected soon an update of Hollywood Designer?
Depends on how well Hollywood 4.5 sells.... bad sales = bad motivation for Designer :)
lazi

[07 Jan 2010] Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by lazi »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 07 Jan 2010 00:40:57 +0100

Hello Andreas
Depends on how well Hollywood 4.5 sells.... bad sales = bad motivation for Designer :)
Do you extorting us? :)

I paid before with my wife's bankcard, (neat move, hihi) but recently that one is stolen from her. So before I motivate you, I have to motivate her to visit the bank for a new one. However before I motivate her I have to motivate my customers to pay their debt to fill the account. So, please keep your motivation, I am sure we (users) all do our best to motivate you.

I am motivated in motivating you :)
Tarzin

[07 Jan 2010] Re: Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by Tarzin »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:46:14 +0100
I'd like to buy Designer's newer version to support future devlopment of Hollywood 4.5, is'it possible ??? ;-)

With Artblink, we'll to try to help Hollywood to be promoted for french users, please wait a while.

Have a nice day

Eric
A500 / A600 / A1200 / SAM440
WinUAE OS3.9 (AmiKit) / OS4.1FE (FlowerPot)
---
https://twitter.com/TarzinCDK
ArtBlink

[07 Jan 2010] Re: Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now!

Post by ArtBlink »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Thu, 7 Jan 2010 20:49:07 +0000 (GMT)

YEEEsss

So, i try to make a hollywood french website where there are guide to explain (in the firt time) how to make hollywoodgamewith brush function and doublebuffer technique, i have make all type of scroll but i must explain them in amigaguide (in download) and in html format (with guitohtml), after i post my professionnal program of human gestion and professionnal formation. I try to translate Amigaguide of Hollywood V4.0 (all guide are translate, but i must read before send to Tarzin to readfor correction(i was buy Hollywood v4.5, but i havent the CD at this time... snif, when you send me the 4.5 version? i want them).

I have a lot of project, but i can just work 2hours/day approximatively... it's to short. Soat this time i make all mystrong to translation,after the website,and finally... code (Yeah i love coding)

So don't worry friend, because with Hollywood we can say....

YES WE CAN

lol

And don't stop your work, because WE are the future coders of X1000 (Hollywood work on this future computer), don't believe it...

All goods, i return to my work...

RESPECT