[16 Oct 2008] Locale functions

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
jap

[16 Oct 2008] Locale functions

Post by jap »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on 16 Oct 2008 20:30:56 +0300

Hello,

If I create a Hollywood program which utilizes system library's locale functions and create executables for Windows and Mac OS X, do the localization work under Windows and OS X?

-- JANNE janne.email-address-removed@nospam.com
airsoftsoftwair

[17 Oct 2008] Re: Locale functions

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 17 Oct 2008 00:31:27 +0200
Hello,

If I create a Hollywood program which utilizes system library's locale functions and create executables for Windows and Mac OS X, do the localization work under Windows and OS X?
No, under Mac & Win the locale functions will always fall back to English.

I don't even know if it could be implemented to support Amiga catalogs under Mac & Win because I'm not familiar with the locale APIs under these systems.

So if you need different languages under Mac & Win the best idea would be to implement it on your own without using Hollywood's OpenCatalog() etc. as these functions are Amiga specific.
jap

[18 Oct 2008] Re: Locale functions

Post by jap »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on 18 Oct 2008 00:15:46 +0300
No, under Mac & Win the locale functions will always fall back to English. ... So if you need different languages under Mac & Win the best idea would be to implement it on your own without using Hollywood's OpenCatalog() etc. as these functions are Amiga specific.
Ok, thanks!

-- JANNE janne.email-address-removed@nospam.com