[24 May 2008] Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
TheMartian

[24 May 2008] Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Post by TheMartian »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 24 May 2008 09:26:21 -0000

Hi

I have uploaded the complete source code as it stands today. I had plans for documenting the code before uploading it, but that will have to wait until some free time comes my way. However that should not prevent anyone interested from having a look :-)

Notice that it does matter i which order the include files are included in your code as some constants have to be defined for a module to work. Besides the radiobuttonset and radiobutton includes work together and the cursor and textbox includes also work together.

Load all the files to one directory and modify the main.hws file so includes are grabbed from the directory you use for the source.

The code has been uploaded to the folder ItemList/Itemlist_include2 subfolder (11 files and a screendump in .png format).

Feedback is of course welcome....

regards Jesper
Clyde

[24 May 2008] Re: Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 24 May 2008 11:45:39 +0200

Hi Jesper,

great to see that! I will try to test it immediately, as soon as I find the time. One thing for now: Could you also upload a lha containing all the files? This would make downloading a bit more handy. :-)

Thanks a lot, Jesper! I have a specific project in mind - let's see, whether I can use your GUI.

BTW: I have uploaded your test applet to Amiga Resistance (http://www.amiga-resistance.info/center ... fileid=412). I have called it "JeGUI". :-) Hope, that is ok with you!?

Greetings Micha
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
TheMartian

[24 May 2008] Re: Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Post by TheMartian »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sat, 24 May 2008 18:25:39 -0000

An lha file!?... aehmm.. should have done that in the first place. It's done and located in the same locations as the individual files.

Thanks for doing the work of uploading to aminet. I must admit to being curious about the eventual number of downloads as I have no idea of the number of Hollywood users currently around. I can see about 10 downloads so far. So someone do have an interest :-)

rgds Jesper
Clyde

[25 May 2008] Re: Re: Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 25 May 2008 21:56:03 +0200

Hi Jesper,
An lha file!?... aehmm.. should have done that in the first place. It's done and located in the same locations as the individual files.
No problem and thanks a lot for uploading it!
Thanks for doing the work of uploading to aminet.
Oh, I hope you didn't misunderstand me: That link was not to the aminet but to www.amiga-resistance.info, a German Amiga community site which is also the house of the German Holly-Wooders.
I must admit to being curious about the eventual number of downloads as I have no idea of the number of Hollywood users currently around. I can see about 10 downloads so far. So someone do have an interest :-)
Now it is 12. :-) And these are just the German ones (mostly) - the amount of international Holly-Wooders is surely higher. I also uploaded the lha of the full public version of your GUI (BTW: Is it intentional by you to call the GUI framework "ItemList"? I like "JeGUI" :-D) and included your system description. Let's see, how many guys will download that. :-)

I quickly run through the code, and I have a question: How can I get the value of e.g. the text box? I mean, how can I save the text that was typed in in a text box to my own variable and go on to work with it? Referring to you main.hws, is the text save to TB1?

Thanks and greetings Micha
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
TheMartian

[26 May 2008] Re: Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Post by TheMartian »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 26 May 2008 16:24:47 -0000

Hi

I plan to do a function that takes the tag$ name of a control as an argument and returns whatever is the 'payload' of the control. This i why I put it in in the first place, so there would be no need to know the proper index beforehand. I believe I can do one generic function like Function p_Grab_Data_From("txt1") that will return the text in a textbox tagged as 'txt1' or p_Grab_Data_From("chkbox1") that will return the status of a checkbox tagged as 'chkbox1', etc. Of course a user will have to use the returned value from p_Grab_data_From() in a sensible way and not try to add a numeric value or concatenate a string to a returned True/false value or other silly behaviour :-)

But for now you have to read the value directly as ItemList [someindex].text$ as the string in a texbox is stored in .text$. If you look in the code for the textbox you can see that I modify the content of .text$ whenever characters are added or deleted.

By the way. I modified my textbox control in several ways yesterday, so as to allow more colour control and individual font selection. It also supplies default values if none are provided as parameters. Further most Switch statements are now replaced by functions after I saw a way out of the problem with a default value without having to prevent error checking (which is a really dirty solution). This means I can make a completely selfcontained include file for a control that will 'automatically' fit in with generic handling of events. No more.... you have to include this for that to work :-) The aim is to have one System.include that will always be required and one include file for each control. My first test using the redesigned textbox seems to confirm that it will work.

The ItemList name is just because I originally called the basic table ItemList. I have not considered a name yet. Something will turn up I guess.

regards Jesper
airsoftsoftwair

[26 May 2008] Re: Re: Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 26 May 2008 23:16:17 +0200
Thanks for doing the work of uploading to aminet. I must admit to being curious about the eventual number of downloads as I have no idea of the number of Hollywood users currently around. I can see about 10 downloads so far. So someone do have an interest :-)
By the way, the preview video of SCUI posted by Fabio on YouTube has currently a view count of a whopping 463. See: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8yR-JqAAP98
Clyde

[26 May 2008] Re: Re: Complete (current) source code for Itemlist user controls uploaded

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 26 May 2008 23:58:47 +0200

Hi there,

just a short answer for now. :-(

Thanks for hint with ItemList[someindex].text$ I will test it later.
By the way. I modified my textbox control in several ways yesterday,
Wouldn't it be good to create a project at sourcforge or http://www.assembla.com/ for your GUI, so we could download nightly builds and so on? And maintaining the source code could maybe also be easier for you?

Cheers Micha