[19 Feb 2008] Wellcome and question about preview

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
Mazze

[19 Feb 2008] Wellcome and question about preview

Post by Mazze »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:49:31 +0100

Hi,

I'm Matthias "Mazze" and want finally to do something with Hollywood (2.5).

I'm thinking about creating a simple drawing program. I'm unsure how to do the preview of a drawing function while the user drags the mouse. Is the trick with drawing twice in XOR mode possible in Hollywood?

At the beginning I can work with a simple toolbar (like DPaint), but later I'll need a more advanced GUI. Are there plans for Gadgets?

Regards, Matthias
lazi

[19 Feb 2008] Re: Wellcome and question about preview

Post by lazi »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:19:16 +0100

Hello Matthias

If I could suggest something, you may consider creating a drawing program especially for children. We have Dpaint like gfx programs that runs well, so there is no need for another one unless you have a fresh idea.
Hi,

I'm thinking about creating a simple drawing program. I'm unsure how to do the preview of a drawing function while the user drags the mouse. Is the trick with drawing twice in XOR mode possible in Hollywood?
If you use layers, then every drawing operation will be on a separate layer. Then you could use ConvertToBrush and merge together the drawings. It is just a quick thought, I have not tried it before...
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:21:17 -0000

Hi Matthias,

and welcome aboard!
At the beginning I can work with a simple toolbar (like DPaint), but later I'll need a more advanced GUI. Are there plans for Gadgets?
Yeah, in the AmigaGuide of HW3, Andreas plans for future development: "- a library which allows you to implement GUI elements in your scripts (i.e. an interface to gadtools.library)"

Live long and prosper!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
lazi

Post by lazi »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:06:09 +0100

Hello Michael

Don't forget that creating such a library is made harder by the lately added new platforms. So it makes sense to make a custom gui instead of waiting for that GUI library.
Yeah, in the AmigaGuide of HW3, Andreas plans for future development: "- a library which allows you to implement GUI elements in your scripts (i.e. an interface to gadtools.library)"
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:06:28 -0000

Hello Mazze! I'm Fabio "Allanon" :) Welcome aboard, I'm trying to build a custom gadgets library with only the Hollywood primitives to make it as compatible as possible with all target platforms available. I need this to port SDB in Hollywood with a complete gui. There is a screenshot of my work here <http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/a ... s/browse/5\ 195> . Actually the library can handle Boxes, Labels, Buttons, Switches and Progress Bars. Right now I'm working on Scroll Bars, Sliders and Cycle gadgets, the level of customization is quiet high (colors, fonts, thikness, outline, shadows, ...).

Regards Fabio
Hi,

Regards, Matthias
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:15:43 -0000

Is this screenshot of your Hollywood implementation of the gadgets? Wow! Well, sounds realy good so far what you have written. Do you need help with the library? I know that another member of this group and of the Hollywood User Pages, Jean, is beginning to implement such a library. Maybe you can work together, so duplicated work can be avoided!?

Nevertheless, such a library is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

[20 Feb 2008] Re: Wellcome and question about preview

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:55:09 +0100
Hi,

No, unfortunately not. I'm afraid you have to devise an other method to do this. XOR drawing is not supported (yet).