[05 Aug 2012] Closing Bug with the Virtual Keyboard in Android 4.1.1

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
PEB

[05 Aug 2012] Closing Bug with the Virtual Keyboard in Android 4.1.1

Post by PEB »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 01:08:28 -0000

Hi Andreas,

I recently sold my Android 3.2.1 tablet and only have an Android 4.1.1 device, so I am unable to test whether or not this bug shows up with other Android versions.

With Android 4.1.1, when the virtual keyboard is activated, the "Back" (previous screen) arrow at the bottom of the screen changes to a hide keyboard button. If I am running a Hollywood applet, activate the keyboard with ShowKeyboard(), and then press the system's hide keyboard button, the Hollywood player freezes and nothing else can be done.

Note that the virtual keyboard can be hidden with no problems using HideKeyboard(). The lock up only happens when the system's hide keyboard button is pressed.
airsoftsoftwair

[05 Aug 2012] Re: Closing Bug with the Virtual Keyboard in Android 4.1.1

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 17:03:49 +0200
Hi Andreas,

I recently sold my Android 3.2.1 tablet and only have an Android 4.1.1 device, so I am unable to test whether or not this bug shows up with other Android versions.

With Android 4.1.1, when the virtual keyboard is activated, the "Back" (previous screen) arrow at the bottom of the screen changes to a hide keyboard button. If I am running a Hollywood applet, activate the keyboard with ShowKeyboard(), and then press the system's hide keyboard button, the Hollywood player freezes and nothing else can be done.

Note that the virtual keyboard can be hidden with no problems using HideKeyboard(). The lock up only happens when the system's hide keyboard button is pressed.
This looks like an issue with Android 4.1 because the hide keyboard button doesn't appear in previous versions. Unfortunately, I don't have a newer version than 4.0 here, so I'll have to see if I can get 4.1 for the Android emulator and see if I can reproduce the issue on it. Thanks for the report!