execute() on android (again)

Discuss PDF file handling with the Polybios plugin here
evil

execute() on android (again)

Post by evil »

Hello again!

In my android-app, I'm using execute("xyz.pdf") to open the acrobat-reader (or similar apps) to view a created pdf-document.
This works perfectly with the actual android-player, but doesn't, after compiling an apk. The Execute() command is simply ignored in that case.

Any hints (maybe something in the manifest??

Best regards!

George
SamuraiCrow

Re: execute() on android (again)

Post by SamuraiCrow »

PolyBios should be able to view a PDF without loading an external viewer anyway. Doesn't the plugin come with an example of how to do this?
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Where is the file located that you're trying to open with Execute()?
evil

Post by evil »

@SamuraiCrow:
I know, that Polybios can open PFDs itself. My goal is to send the pdf to a printer. That's why I want to open it with external tools like acrobat automatically.

In another thread I mentioned problems getting access to the external storage. To get access to a "globally available directory" seems to be nessessary, as other programs cant access the interal progdir of my app.
At least I get access to storage/emulated/0 at the moment, which is prompted when asking GetSystemInfo() for SDcard.
And this way, also Execute() works with external programs like gallery/acrobat to open images/pdfs automatically.

So this problem is solved so far.

I still have some probelms on Android and its Filesystem/Accessability... But that'll get another thread!!
Thanks and best regards

George
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

evil wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:35 pm @SamuraiCrow:
My goal is to send the pdf to a printer.
Many printers nowadays directly support PDF. If you use a PDF capable printer that has LAN or WLAN support, the easiest way is to open a network connection to its IP and port and send the content of the PDF file (as binary) to it.