Link executable with embeded plugin

Discuss PDF file handling with the Polybios plugin here
Juan Carlos

Link executable with embeded plugin

Post by Juan Carlos »

I tryed to make an executable for 68k with polybios plugin embeded, but when I open a PDF file with my program, it can't open because does't recognize the format, the same program without embeded the plugin and using the plugins from the libs directory, works fine.
To make an executable for Amiga I have embeded other plugin more, because in Windows it isn't necessary only with polybios.
Juan Carlos

Re: Link executable with embeded plugin

Post by Juan Carlos »

I saw that there is an additional complement polybios.ext neither I got run the program added it join the program, and embeded it is impossible.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Yes, that's currently not possible because of Polybios' specific design. Polybios.ext will never be linked.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:16 pm Yes, that's currently not possible because of Polybios' specific design. Polybios.ext will never be linked.
Well to one program under 68k needs the polybios plugin and the ext file, it is impossible makes an executable with embeded plugin. The only option makes a program using the plugin and ext file installed in the Libs.
jPV

Post by jPV »

Juan Carlos wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:13 am
airsoftsoftwair wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:16 pm Yes, that's currently not possible because of Polybios' specific design. Polybios.ext will never be linked.
Well to one program under 68k needs the polybios plugin and the ext file, it is impossible makes an executable with embeded plugin. The only option makes a program using the plugin and ext file installed in the Libs.
They can be in the program directory too (put the program in its own directory).
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

jPV wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm
Juan Carlos wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:13 am
They can be in the program directory too (put the program in its own directory).
Yes, I did it, because I think that AmigaOS3.x needs a new PDF viewer.
amyren

Post by amyren »

I just found that linking polybios.hwp to Amiga 68k actually works in some cases.
The polybios plugin was used create a simple pdf file, not to read pdf's so this might have something to do with it.

Also when I compiled the same program without linking, it did work with the polybios.hwp alone, without the ext file.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:33 pm I just found that linking polybios.hwp to Amiga 68k actually works in some cases.
The polybios plugin was used create a simple pdf file, not to read pdf's so this might have something to do with it.

Also when I compiled the same program without linking, it did work with the polybios.hwp alone, without the ext file.
Yes, polybios.ext is only needed for rendering PDFs. You don't need it for creating PDFs.