Polybios in android

Discuss PDF file handling with the Polybios plugin here
jPV

Re: Polybios in android

Post by jPV »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:38 pm
jPV wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:25 pm BTW. I just came up with a problem when I try to use LoadPlugin instead of @REQUIRE on MorphOS.

If I do:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("polybios")
doc = pdf.CreateDocument()
doc:SetCompressionMode(#HPDF_COMP_ALL)     
I get an error: Constant not found!

So it doesn't recognize the #HPDF_COMP_ALL constant when I've loaded the plugin with the LoadPlugin function, but it does work if I change LoadPlugin to @REQUIRE.... what's wrong here? I'd like to load the plugin only if needed in this case...
Well, constants are evaluated at preprocessor level and at that time #HPDF_COMP_ALL obviously isn't there because the plugin is loaded at runtime. So using constants made available by plugins can be a little tricky, but the following should work:

doc:SetCompressionMode(GetConstant("#HPDF_COMP_ALL"))
That doesn't seem to help. It still gives the same error... any other tricks to try? :)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Oops, looks like a bug, fixed now.

- Fix: When loading plugins at runtime using LoadPlugin(), plugin constants weren't loaded at all
amyren

Post by amyren »

My program runs fine with Hollywood player when having the polybios.hwp in sdcard/Hollywood/Plugins folder.

But if I compile an apk it will complain about requiring the polybios.hwp
Where should I put the polybios.hwp in order to the compiled apk to find it?

Secondly, is it possible to use @REQUIRE "polybios", {Link = True} and get the apk compiler to include the hwp?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm But if I compile an apk it will complain about requiring the polybios.hwp
Where should I put the polybios.hwp in order to the compiled apk to find it?
That's described here.
amyren wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm Secondly, is it possible to use @REQUIRE "polybios", {Link = True} and get the apk compiler to include the hwp?
No, that's not possible. You need to select the plugins to link to the APK in the Hollywood APK Compiler GUI.
amyren

Post by amyren »

Thanks, that worked.

I'm not sure how I could have missed noticing that plugin tab on the apk compiler😀