App "Keeps stopping"

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
zenzizenzizenzic

App "Keeps stopping"

Post by zenzizenzizenzic »

I've gotten the application I'm making to work as an applet on Windows. When I compile that (working) applet for Android, though, I keep getting an application "keeps stopping" error. I get this on both my phone and an emulator. Unfortunatly, I'm not getting anything other than that so I have no idea what the actual cause is. Is there a way to troubleshoot this?

Thank you
plouf

Re: App "Keeps stopping"

Post by plouf »

do you ue supported android studio (3.4.1+) and latest apk compielr ?

have you disables ExitOnError ? if you have NOT disabled and crash due to your program, normally hollywood will display the error
otherwise probably its a an android hang

you said that the applet WORKS with hollywood player in android, but not the compiled apk ?
do you want to send apk to test to my phone where my apk's works there for sure?
Christos
zenzizenzizenzic

@plouf
I've not disabled ExitOnError (at least, not that I've intended), and am running Android Studio 4.0.1.

The app run an Windows and Amiga, but I've not gotten the APK to run. Now the weekend's here, I'll try to see if I can get the Android Studio debugger to work. I can try to send the APK to you as well.

Thank you!
zenzizenzizenzic

Bashing head on desk right now. Just tried a clean and re-compile, and it worked. So apparently when I thought I had do a clean, I hadn't.
plouf

Post by plouf »

good

you apk crash here too btw.. so :)
Christos