Internal liimt encountered...

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
evil

Internal liimt encountered...

Post by evil »

I've compiled a script with the apk-compiler, and it works great...

After some more compiles and installations, I suddenly got the following error-request on my phone:

HollywoodPlayer
Internal limit encountered!
Contact the author...

This also happened after undoing the last changes on the script.

What does this message mean at all?? And how to get rid of it?

Using the Hollywood Player, everything works fine.

Best regards
George
evil

Re: Internal liimt encountered...

Post by evil »

Don't know why, but it works correctly now.
After three nights of investigation and thousands tries of compiling and installing, it works as it should now.
Don't know, what the problem was, and can't reproduce it anymore....

So thread can be closed.

Best regards

George
evil

Post by evil »

Hiho!

I have another question to this error-message.

I wrote a small script, which uses PermissionRequest(#PERMREQ_WRITEEXTERNAL).
Next I used t=GetSystemInfo() to get information about the external path.
The tablefield "SDCard" pointed to "storage/emulated/0". This is not the external, but the internal card.
Until this point, I could compile the script with the apk-compiler and it startet up.
Next I tried to create a directory t.sdcard.."/test".

From this point I got an error "Internal limit encountered".

Everything I was doing since this point leaded to error-messages. Sometimes "internal limit encountered", sometimes "Could not read all characters from file". Sometimes nothing happened at all and sometimes a "Hollywood wurde wiederholt beendet" appeared.

Even if I reduced the script to a simple: SystemRequest("ok","ok","ok"), it was not startable after compiling as apk.

After some hours of investigating I changed the package-name to a different one and what do you think? Suddenly the script worked again.

Renaming the package back to the previous name lead to the above mentioned problems again and vice versa...

I made a search for the package name on the whole phone (root) and found about 15 entries. Even deleting all of them and reinstaling the apk did not solve the problem. Unfortenately I did not restart the phone...

Question: What function does the package name has at all? Why does my script fail with one package-name and start with another one?? What can I do to get the apk run again with its original package name? And how can I avoid these problems...

The most worse with this problem: It's very difficult to reproduce code-errors with this issue..

BTW: I tried it on two different Phones. An original Android OS and one rooted with lineage.

Best reagrds

George
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

evil wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:02 am Question: What function does the package name has at all? Why does my script fail with one package-name and start with another one?? What can I do to get the apk run again with its original package name? And how can I avoid these problems...
Have you cleaned the target in APK Compiler before rebuilding? When making changes to the package name you should always clean the target first. Also, it might be a good idea to uninstall the APK from the device before installing updated copies, especially if the updated copy has seen changes in the manifest.
evil

Post by evil »

As I tried it for two nights and about 1000 Times, I think, I have tried all possibilities.

I'm going to check my APK-Installation (including Android-Studio...) next days. Maybe I'll find something there...

Best regards

George
evil

Post by evil »

After some more tries, it seems to work again.
Things, which seem to make a different:
Cleaning the current target (of course).
Renaming the package name (as mentioned above. Don't know, if this really solved the problem.)
Using UTF-8-Encoding in Texteditors (Some tries were made with the standard Notepad of OS4, which saves in ASCII-Format).

By the way: I only get access to my internal storage (storage/emulated/0) The external device is still not accessable, but this is not a problem atm.

Now, where this seems to work (actually) I tried to install the compiled app onto an android newew than Android 9.

But on devices using Android 10 or 11, I still cannot access the internal storage.
Trying to create a Directory fails:

Code: Select all

t1=PermissionRequest(#PERMREQ_WRITEEXTERNAL)
t=GetSystemInfo()
systemrequest("ok",t.sdcard,"ok")
MakeDirectory(t.sdcard.."/TolleWurst")

This example asks for write-permission, shows me the correct directory (storage/emulated/0), but doesn't create a directory there.
It ouputs the following message: Error Creating directory /storage/emulated/0/TolleWurst ! File....

Can anyone check this on Android >=10

Best regards

George
evil

Post by evil »

BTW: Using the player with the concerning hwa-applet, it works fine on Android>=10
airsoftsoftwair

evil wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:35 am Can anyone check this on Android >=10
I'm afraid Google is about to tighten restrictions concerning external storage access. Normal apps will soon no longer be able to access this. I think you can make this work by setting the

Code: Select all

android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true"
in the manifest but AFAIU this will only work until August. After that, apps will no longer be able to access the external storage.
evil

Post by evil »

I'll try that next days.
Actually I even don't need a special place, where to write to. I simple need a directory, where other apps can get access to, too.
In this case, I want to use Execute(), to start a pdf-viewer which automatically opens my created pdf-file.

I thought, /storage/emulated/0 would be such a directory... But as said above, this doesn't work on Android >=10.
airsoftsoftwair

The Hollywood Player pretty much has the same problem because starting with all updates released after August, it will no longer be possible to store applets in /sdcard/Hollywood because the Hollywood Player will no longer be able to access this directory. I'm sure there is some sort of replacement mechanism where apps can share files with other apps but I haven't looked into this yet.