Icons size and position

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
amyren

Icons size and position

Post by amyren »

On my phone (Andoid 9.0), all icons are shown with a circular shape by default.
The icons I make for use with the apk compiler are naturally square.
This makes my icon images apear very small on my phone, since my square icon does not get rounded, but instead the full square is diplayed inside the icon circle.
I notice that some other available apps do come with icons that fill out that circle shape completely, like the chrome and facebook icons.
I wonder how they do that, and if this is possible with Hollywood apks?

I also notice that some apps will always be automaticly placed on the startpage when installing. Is this possible to select with Hollywood?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Icons size and position

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:43 am On my phone (Andoid 9.0), all icons are shown with a circular shape by default.
The icons I make for use with the apk compiler are naturally square.
This makes my icon images apear very small on my phone, since my square icon does not get rounded, but instead the full square is diplayed inside the icon circle.
I notice that some other available apps do come with icons that fill out that circle shape completely, like the chrome and facebook icons.
I wonder how they do that, and if this is possible with Hollywood apks?
No, adaptive icons aren't supported yet.
amyren wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:43 am I also notice that some apps will always be automaticly placed on the startpage when installing. Is this possible to select with Hollywood?
Not directly. But it might be possible by setting some key in the manifest. Google is your friend :)