tablet apk and playstore

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
xabierpayet

tablet apk and playstore

Post by xabierpayet »

hello, if you uploads an apk to the playstore, this is not published for tablets, i can download them only with mobile phones, i tried 5 different apks with different configurations, and i have the same results.
The developer console of google, ever sends to me to the eighth point of this link:
https://developer.android.com/distribut ... d-versions
xabierpayet

Re: tablet apk and playstore

Post by xabierpayet »

i forgot it, here is the link for android, and is called scoreboards
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oards.dev4
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

Play Store says, developed for phones.

Nonetheless I can install it und run successfully.

My tablet is a Pipo m6 Pro, running Android 4.2.2, rooted

Screen Resolution is 2048x1536
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

i can install it from the web site of the play store, but i don´t found it in the playstore app
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

I could find it with both, web and Play store app.

If it is shown on the web but not in the app, web site probably shows your devices as not compatible...
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

curious, you can test it in your device? is a single scoreboard
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

The problem is that the Hollywood APK Compiler supports Android 2.3. Tablet support was introduced in Android 3.0. Thus, all apps developed for 2.3 are considered "Designed for phones", although they work on tablets as well of course. But I agree that it's not nice that such apps don't show up for tablets so I think I need to update the Hollywood APK Compiler to allow you to create phone/tablet APKs. But those APKs will need at least Android 3.0 then but I think there are no people on 2.3 anyway today :)
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

ok, i wait for the update, some new android functions will be nice too, or add at "showkeyboard" can use (true/false) for numerical/alphabetical keyboard
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

airsoftsoftwair wrote:The problem is that the Hollywood APK Compiler supports Android 2.3. Tablet support was introduced in Android 3.0. Thus, all apps developed for 2.3 are considered "Designed for phones", although they work on tablets as well of course. But I agree that it's not nice that such apps don't show up for tablets so I think I need to update the Hollywood APK Compiler to allow you to create phone/tablet APKs. But those APKs will need at least Android 3.0 then but I think there are no people on 2.3 anyway today :)
I have an 2.3 devive (an htc phone), but this is only for low end testing ;-)
I guess there are quite some 2.3 devices out there still in use. But not by "power users" - i.e. not by those ppl who install new apps. Hence, I guess we will not loose too much if you increase minimum Android version to 3.x or 4.x.

Anyway, it's quite difficult to place an app to the app store and get recognized...
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I could also make this optional, i.e. allowing the user to choose between targetting the APK for 2.3 or 4.0. Let's see.